varunria, Home Buyer in Asia, TX

but how is this possible i mean what if u buy a house in us and later are not allowed to go there say u dont get the tourist visa again?? varun from

Asked by varunria, Asia, TX Mon Aug 26, 2013

Answers

3
That would be a risk decision that you would have to make for yourself. There is nothing that I know of in the laws that connects the two - owning real estate does not give you the right to be in the country. I would think, however, that if you write that you are a property tax paying real estate owner on your visa application, you might have a better chance of getting it approved either first time around or on an appeal compared to someone who doesn't have that connection to the United States. The downside might be that they might reject it on a belief you won't honor your visa and will stay past your visa date. Talking to an immigration attorney is probably the best thing to do to protect your real estate investment.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 26, 2013
Ownership of a property in a foreign country, is not a promise that you'll ever be allowed to visit that country. They are separate issues. Only you can decide if you're willing to take that risk.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in 60201
Can you clarify your question please?

Are you talking about buying a home in the US even with just a tourist VISA?

Elliott R. Oliva
Realtor |“Servicio en Espanol”
703.344.8153 direct | 703.636.7300 office
Keller Williams – McLean 6820 Elm St. #100 McLean, VA 22101
National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professional (NAHREP)
NAHREP DC Metro-Board of Directors
http://www.RealDCmetroHomes.com
on a tourist visa
Flag Tue Aug 27, 2013
Yes Sir I want to know so what all can I buy in that country actualy my brothers friend Dhruv has left us hes at a top management position in Hongkong ealier he lived in us But If i want to buy it on his name is that possible cause the possibility of getting a us visa for me is quite low right now ???
varun from India
Flag Tue Aug 27, 2013