Home Buying in Lutz>Question Details

Elaine Rose, Home Buyer in Lutz, FL

bought a house on my own with ship money. mortagor disqualified me from several homes saying it was over my limit .she never factored in the 20 %

Asked by Elaine Rose, Lutz, FL Tue Jul 5, 2011

Realtor would not show me foreclosures or short sales .Never got disclosure on house and mrketing sheet said there is a well for my sprinklers.Found out this year there is no well.Never told house was sold "as is" and never appeared on paperwork.

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Lutz

Answers

1
Hi Elaine,

The standard contracts have wording that put the responsibility on the Buyer for verifying the accuracy of what is reported on the MLS system. A Seller's Property Disclosure statement is not a requirement to be given to the buyer. A Seller does have a responsibility to disclose significant defects that may not be readily observable to a buyer, though, i.e. if a sewage plant is going in down the street...

If you were getting SHIP downpayment assistance, you probably could not buy a fixer upper property. Hillsborough County is very restrictive and requires the house to be in acceptable condition. Most bank owned properties lack appliances (another requirement is there also has to be a refrigerator in addition to all the other kitchen appliances). Short Sales are definitely not an option because you MUST close within a specified time period or you lose your SHIP downpayment money.

So, I'm sorry you are unhappy with your purchase but you are very fortunate to have been one of the very select few that have actually gotten SHIP money from Hillsborough county!

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
Westchase Office
813.244.9898
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com