Thewesselski…, Home Buyer in 92532

bought a home in lake elsinore,ca. gave them a deposit and a week or so later they took the house to auction and then kept part of deposit

Asked by Thewesselskids, 92532 Mon Jan 3, 2011

Answers

6
Roger & Sheila Bjorklund’s answer
You say you bought this home? If thats the case you opened escrow and closed & got a deed. If you were using a Realtor you have 7-17 days to do your due diligence and check on the property. Your deposit should be refundable unless you opened escrow and then they MAY be entitled to some of your funds. Your Realtor should be able to get your money back. Check with legal counsel to see what options are available to you.
Now, that doesn't sound right to me at all. If younwrote an offer through a real estate professional in would seek the sales manager/broker assistance in getting your deposit back. If you are unsuccessful there, I would seek legal counsel right away.

If there was an escrow that was opened, the escrow may have deducted their fees. Find out first if this is the case. If escrow did deduct fees, request a full refund through the broker and a direct letter to them
I am sorry to hear about this. It sounds as though you may have been taken. I suppose you were dealing direct on a "Great deal." Did you have a sound contract? Did you use a Realtor? or did you make a deal with the devil?
This doesn't sound right at all. Did you sign cancellation instructions agreeing to this? Or is your deposit still in escrow? What has your Realtor said? He or she would be the first and best person to jump on this and help you get your deposit back.

I'd be interested in seeing your contracts and escrow instructions. Feel free to fax or email me copies of the contracts and or instructions and I'd be more than happy to review them. Or give me a call or send me an email and I'd be more than happy to discuss this further. Good luck.

Ray Wright
Direct: 951-354-1303
Fax: 951-346-3364
Read your offer. They shouldn't be able to do that is its only been a week. You are probably still within your inspection period. Check with your Realtor.
Did you have an open escrow? Who is them in your question? Where's your agent? Were you working with an agent? If so your agent should be able to help you with this. It almost sounds like a craigslist scam and not a Real Estate Transaction.

One more reason why consumers should work with Realtors with the Realtor designation.

~~~