Thewesselski…, Home Buyer in 92532

bought a home and gave them a deposit and a week or so later they took the house to auction and then kept part of deposit.said that I cancelled

Asked by Thewesselskids, 92532 Mon Jan 3, 2011

Answers

5
Do you mean you made an offer for a home? Assuming this is the case, and you used a licensed agent, the earnest money should be in a third parties hands, and not the sellers or the banks. If the sale does not go through, you should be entitled to your money back.
Did you have an agent, and if so, what is he/she advising...At this point it may be in your best interest to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate, have all related paperwork reviewed and see exactly what options you may have--then go from there.
There is definitely something wrong if that has happened to you, without your intent to cencel. Were you represented by an agent? If so what advise are they giving you? If not, assemble all of your paperwork, including the purchase agreement, escrow documentation, deposit receipt and all correspondance and have a professional review it for you and recommend a course of action.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Catherine Bedrossian
Home Sales Pro.
(310) 383-4212
catherineb@socalhomefinds.com
This doesn't sound right at all. Did you sign cancellation instructions agreeing to this? Or is your deposit still in escrow? What has your Realtor said? He or she would be the first and best person to jump on this and help you get your deposit back.

I'd be interested in seeing your contracts and escrow instructions. Feel free to fax or email me copies of the contracts and or instructions and I'd be more than happy to review them. Or give me a call or send me an email and I'd be more than happy to discuss this further. Good luck.

Ray Wright
Direct: 951-354-1303
Fax: 951-346-3364
Something funny here. I'd be happy to take a look at your contact and make a few phone calls if you need some help.