Jennifer W, Both Buyer and Seller in 07747

best 'small town' near old bridge NJ

Asked by Jennifer W, 07747 Mon May 31, 2010

Our family lives in Matawan and Old Bridge (and we have lived there for the past 5 years), but we are looking for more of a "small town" feel for our young kids. A good school system is important to us... And we want to be within a 30 minute drive max of Old Bridge (due to family). However, we don't want to pay $1MM for a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath house. A main street and old/historic homes would be a plus too.
We've looked in Holmdel for years but haven't found anything in our price range.
Are we crazy? Is there any town we can live in and find this? Thanks for your input!

Answers

1
I moved from Old Bridge and looked for about 3 years to find the small town we finally decided upon: Millstone Twp. It is rural and private and has a great school system. Older homes start in the $300 range and there are many homes priced also in the $400 - $500 range. Back then I was a teacher and part time real estate salesman. I have since become a full time broker with an office in the same home we bought in 1985. We have been very happy here and raised a son who was two and is now 27 just having graduated with a masters degree from Princeton. We have a couple of horses in the yard and my wife is very happy. I think you should definitely look at this town and surrounding areas in Manalapan and Freehold for a good value.