Home Buying in Connecticut>Question Details

Ernst, Both Buyer and Seller in Queens, NY

best places and neighborhood to live in connecticut with good schools and also near metro north railroad

Asked by Ernst, Queens, NY Sun May 17, 2009

Answers

3
Dear Ernst,
The number one factor is what price range are you in and at least how many beds you would need. Also, are you looking for a single family home or condominium. Metro North runs up the coastline line thru Fairfield County---Greenwich, Stamford, Darien, Norwalk, Westport, Fairfield, Bridgeport, and Stratford and then onto New Haven County. There are spurs that run off this line to New Canaan. Another spur from Norwalk traveling thru Wilton, Redding, servicing Ridgefield and then onto Danbury. Next to Westport is the town of Weston which is not far from towns with direct train access. Please go to my website at candacelipira@prudentialct.com. On this site are many tools for you to help with your research.

Once I know what your needs are, I can narrow down the areas that would be suitable for your lifestyle.

Please feel free to contact me at the following below.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Candace Lipira
Prudential CT RE
203-544-9786
203-856-8501
candacelipira@prudentialct.com
candacelipira.prudentialct.com
Ernst,

Lauren is correct in that it all depends on your price range.

Southern Fairfield County, which will provide you with the best commute times, will also offer high housing costs.
Northern Fairfield County has lower housing costs, but longer commutes. If you are in the towns that border New York State, you will have the option of driving into the NY Metro North stations, which many people do so that they will then have a direct train the NYC.
Hi Ernst,

It depends so much on the price range you are looking in, but the first CT stop on the train line from NYC would be Greenwich and then perhaps you'd want to consider Darien and New Canaan as well. All have several stations on the Metro-North New Haven line and all are great towns with excellent public schools. You can link to school reports and town info on my website: http://www.laurennapoli-burdo.com

I'd be happy to help in any way I can - just let me know if you need further info.

Lauren