Home Buying in Fullerton>Question Details

Valerie, Home Buyer in Seal Beach, CA

best/most desirable area in fullerton?

Asked by Valerie, Seal Beach, CA Wed Apr 7, 2010

I'm interested in buying a house in Fullerton area. What is the best/most desirable area in fullerton? I like Las Palmas area and was wondering where else I should be looking at.

Answers

7
Completely depends on what you're looking for.
Variables include:
Do you want a large lot ? Are you willing and able to maintain a large yard?
Do you want a Horse Property?
Walking distance to downtown area
Walking distance to train station (for commuters)
Schools --Fullerton offers a variety of schools --each with its own programs and character. Furthermore, Fullerton schools enjoy open boundaries, meaning you can enroll your child in any school as long as you make the deadline and there's room. However: what's right for one family, might not be right for yours.
If you don't have any children, and don't plan on it, then schools might not be as significant, though a home in a more desirable elementary school area will always be more in demand. Hence, I always say --single people or couples with no children have just as much at stake in keeping Fullerton schools good, as families.

Proximity to either CSUF or Fullerton College
Proximity to freeways (57, or the 91 and the I-5)
Closeness to walking, bike riding trails
Type of house: historic, custom, or track. If you want a historic home: do you have the finances or DIY skills to afford the upkeep? Keep in mind that there are historic neighborhoods that keep very strict control over what you can and cannot do to modify your home. Not all historic homes are in designated historic neighborhoods though. However, also remember that none of the historic homes in Fullerton are affected by the Mills Act.

Fullerton is actually pretty spread out, and it all depends on what you want.
Not to be redundant but the city of Fullerton is so diverse. You can find 100 year old homes and new construction all within the city limits. There some wonderful homes within walking distance of the downtown area that is filled with great restaurants night spots. A newer community of Fullerton would be Hawks Pointe built in 2003 which boasts homes with spectacular views and great walking trails. It is also the only 24 hours guard gated community in Fullerton. Hopefully this is all useful information in your home search. Dave
Hi Valerie,

You should first and foremost work with a Fullerton based agent who can take you around and explain all the areas in the town. We have a few very different areas - all of which are beautiful depending on your needs and wants.

The Las Palmas area is beautiful as well as the Laguna Lake area. We have a historical home with 100 yr old Craftman style architecture.

A large factor will be your price range, whether you want a newer home or large ranch (which will be older) - and lot sizes/views.

You can have a home on one of a few golf courses - some with full panoramic views - and some in a standard tract.

My team is based in Fullerton - lives in Fullerton - and is one of the top producing teams in all of North Orange County.

We are very low pressure and are here to educate first and foremost.
Web Reference: http://www.HomeSoldTeam.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 19, 2010
Hi Valerie,
If you have children you may also want to consider looking into the schools as well. There are several areas of Fullerton you may want to consider, it all comes down to price. I am currently working with some Fullerton buyers that are looking to buy within the boundaries of Sunny Hills High School. Feel free to give me a call with any further questions or for a day out to view homes in Fullerton.

Michelle Gonzalez
Realty Executives Select
562-572-5224
Michelle@RealtyExecutives.com
Valerie,

I helped my best friend buy a home in the Coyote Hills area near the golf course. It's right next off Coyote HIlls Dr on Gilbert/Rosecrans. It's much more affordable (albeit less flashy) than Sunny HIlls area (although Sunny Hills is quite nice) and very quiet/has a mountain-like feel. It's up the hill and has plenty of trees/trails to entertain you. The homes are a bit older (circa 80/90), but the HOA maintains the areas/paint/exterior very nicely.

He closed in Dec of 2008 for about 420k (the going rate was about 460k for his $/SQ) and got an excellent 3 BR 2 BA condo.

If you want to talk more about the fullerton area, feel free to drop me a line for free advice at 949-870-2882. Don't worry, I won't try to sell you anything. LOL. :)

Cheers,

Lou
There's a few that are considered the most desireable.

Sunny Hills
Sunny Hills Estates
Raymond Hills
Golden Hill

Here's some links with info about a few of these areas:

http://www.foustonline.com/pages/library/neighborhood/fuller…

Of course desirable and affordable are not necessarily exchangable terms :)

Let us know if you need any more are info or submit a neighborhood request here:
http://foustonline.com/pages/forms/neighborhood_request.htm
Hi Valerie,
There are many nice areas in Fullerton! Need a little more info. What type of home are you looking for? Vintage, Newer construction, custom, the city has so much to offer. What price range? I think you would benifit from a buyer consultation with an area agent. feel free to call.
Connie Bramble
Prudential CA Realty
714-337-8718