Home Buying in Melville>Question Details

ginger, Other/Just Looking in Melville, NY

believe the agent that work with me was unethical and misrepresented themselves in the process is there any

Asked by ginger, Melville, NY Tue Jan 27, 2009

recourse to recoup losses

Have you approached the individual directly about your concerns?

Our advice is to proceed carefully being sure your information is accurate and that you have complete and thorough information. There is no better source to refer your situation to than a real estate attorney.
Your first step is to talk to your real estate attorney, if you have one.

If not, I would approach the managing broker of the agency that you hired. Bring any documentation you have, and present your case to the managing broker clearly, calmly (that's important) and completely.

If you find no satisfaction there, you may want to move upward to the Real Estate board in the region, and then the state.

Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
You need to be more specific as to what happened--if you feel strongly about your situation speak to a real estate attorney.

Any other information? Not that I would give you any answers other than what Gail gave you - but what type of "losses" are you talking about? I see you're a home buyer? How did they not represent you?
Web Reference: http://www.tommcgiveron.com
Everybody under National Association of Realtors, has an obligation to perform as outlined in the Code of Ethics. Please contact LIBOR at 631-661-4800 if you feel you have a valid claim.

From those of us who follow the Code of Ethics, our apologies if you felt there was wrong doing, unethical behavior or any other form of misconduct. We work very hard to provide the appropriate assistance.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
Alison, Without knowing specifics I couldn't give you a good answer. If you believe there was unethical behavior, we are all subject to the ethics rules as a member of the Long Island Board of Realtors. I'm sure they have a mechanism for this. You could call them and find out. They have an office in Babylon. Good luck and sorry if you feel you had a bad time. Hopefully, it was merely a misunderstanding.