Home Buying in Scottsdale>Question Details

Statman27, Home Buyer in Canada, KY

based on as asking price of a house worth $150,000.00 what should I offer, the home is in Scottsdale. based

Asked by Statman27, Canada, KY Tue Apr 14, 2009

on the conditions how much lower do I offer from the asking price?

Answers

5
I would ask your agent. He/she will advise you quickly comparable homes are selling in that neighborhood, at what price and the difference between the list and sale price, which is called the "trading range." Additionally, many lender owned/short sale properties are being listed low in an attempt to secure multiple offers that put the sale price above the list price. So without more information, I cannot attempt to address the question accurately other than to consult with your agent.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 14, 2009
sometimes asking price is cheap and getting it for 20% lower than asking price is expensive.

Pull the comps, do your due dilligence, many homes in this area are going for above list price with multiple offers
What you should offer is a complicated decision, which takes into account many, many factors. I wrote the following post on my blog somewhat recently, which may help answer that question:

http://www.realphoenixliving.com/2009/03/17/foreclosure-offe…

The bottom line, however, is that a buyer should be prepared to offer exactly what they think the home is worth, particularly when it comes to foreclosures. Banks don't know how to play the back and forth negotiating game very well.
Hi There
Based on value, comps, other offers and condition of property your offer should include those areas of research. Have your Realtor run that research and provide that to you so a solid offer can be made. Our market has heated up in that price range and as I am calling on all my clients properties prior to showing they all have multiple offers and many above asking so be prepared to move quick and potentially pay the asking price or more. Hot deals move like hot potatoes!

If you are a cash deal have your proof of funds with the file and submit sight unseen if it means being first in subject to inspection. Lots of tips and strategy required to get the deals that are great right now.

Good luck and feel free to contact me if you have questions
I agree with Kim - if you need any assistance with getting this info, feel free to contact me through Trulia (click my name in blue and then click the "contact me" button). Just need the property address to start.