Home Buying in Baldwin Park>Question Details

Mark, Home Buyer in Orlando, FL

baldwin park. worth the extra monthly costs?

Asked by Mark, Orlando, FL Sat May 31, 2008

I am interested in buying in Baldwin Park, but find myself seriously questioning whether the extra costs (urban CDD, HOA dues, higher property taxes) are worth it. do these extra costs translate into higher home equity and a better investment?

Answers

5
Tony and Holly Galarza’s answer
Wow!!! Rick Aguirre did it again... he won my favorite answer of the day award. I am going to agree with him again on this one.

Mark, it is all about how you view the area because ultimately you are going to be the one seeing the value not us. I recommend you take a weekend and go check out a few different homes in Baldwin to really get a taste for what it offers. Go with a local realtor so they can really explain the different ammenities that are available to you.

Good luck with your search and as always if you have any questions please feel free to contact me!

Tony Galarza
407-497-7688
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 7, 2009
Mark.
That is a great question. But ultimatey you have to answer that. If the location is what you want then it would be worth it. Remember the 3 things about Real Estate, Location,Location and Location. If this is where YOU want to be then there is Value in the location.
What are your needs? Proximity to downtown,VA clinic,Shopping etc. Then Baldwin may be suitable. The streets are kind of narrow but the location is choice. I probably created more questions than answers but hey if you are going to spend your hard earned money you need to know everything you can. Knowledge is power.
Rick.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 1, 2008
I agree with Phil. A CDD is not something that will enhance your resale value, however there are many properties in the area that offer the same feel as Baldwin Park, but without the CDD. Winter Park and downtown near Lake Eola would be great alternatives. You look on the young side so I would be VERY concerned with resale value. Use a good Realtor who can assist you with this. Best wishes
Most communities Baldwin Park, Celebration, Keenes Point etc, are desireble because they are planned communities and the developers decided to create that CDD to enhance the community.
Just compare say a Hunters Creek to one of the locations I mentioned and you can see the difference.
Drive the the areas and you can see why the HOA fees are a good investment.
These community orginizations keep the homeowners on their toes and the properties looking good.
As far as taxes go they are the same in each county wether it is Baldwin Park or the community next door to it.
I live in Celebration and enjoy the amenities and services dirived from being part of an HOA and a CDD.
I say yes that CDD, HOA and the other alphabet soup orginizations are worth it.
If you need a qualified buyers agent who rebates 1/2 commission to his buyer, feel free to look me up.

Have an outstanding day

Robert
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 31, 2008
Mark,

Buyers hate CDD fees. When you look at re-sales, if possible, sellers always say "NO CDD fees". When buying new you can always ask the builder to pay off the CDD bond. When you go to sell think how great it will be to say "no CDD fee" with this unit !

Is a place worth it ? That is a question each individual has to answer for themselves. I can't understand buying a $2,000,000. home and then paying $40,000. every year in property taxes. They might as well set the money on fire for all the extra services the government deliveries to them. But, maybe if I had the money to burn, I would think it was worth it!

Phil

phillip.moody@PrudentialNetworkRealty.com

04-982-3373