Home Buying in Bridgewater>Question Details

Alton Crooks, Home Buyer in Jersey City, NJ

are there still opportunities for rent to own situations?

Asked by Alton Crooks, Jersey City, NJ Tue Feb 22, 2011

I have a job that can pay monthly mortgage payments but I dont have that much saved up.

Answers

2
Jonathan Faccone’s answer
Most definitely! Renting to own is a variation of owner financing which is becoming more common due to the present real estate and lending environment. Actually, my entire business focus now is finding rent to own type of properties and I'm finding more and more sellers willing to do these types of transactions. Because of their flexibility in nature, and if the professional is competent in these types of transactions, it can truly be a win/win situation for both buyer and seller. Do your due diligence and keep working toward a downpayment. If you are serious about buying a property, you will get the help you need for the downpayment within the structure of the transaction. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.rent2owncnj.com
YES! There are many options. Some home sellers are even willing to rent to own -to avoid having to go to a foreclosure situation or even just to have the burden of selling off their shoulders.

However, it sounds like you are more interested in buying a home. Just because it isn't as easy to find financing as it used to be, you still have options. One of many examples is homepath properties. These usually get you in the '3% down' range. You should contact your mortgage broker (if you don't have one your real estate agent can help) to see what your options are before going straight to rental.