Home Buying in Hillsborough>Question Details

Alice, Home Buyer in North Carolina

are there condos in town?

Asked by Alice, North Carolina Sat Mar 13, 2010

Answers

3
Hi Alice,

To piggyback on what Michael said, HOA dues are not always higher in condos. They can be...but not always. Case in point: Cedar Creek Condominiums in Hillsborough has an HOA fee of $100 per month and Braddock Park Townhomes in Hillsborough have an HOA fee of $106.25 per month. In the case of Braddock Park, even with the higher fee, it does not cover structure insurance and each homeowner needs to have a regular HO3 policy that is just like a standard detached home. However, Cedar Creek has amenities like a pool currently. As of right now, there is a pool "planned" for Braddock Park but it is up in the air as to when that pool will be finished.

Hope this helps clarify a bit. Please let me know how I can help.

Susan Crawford, ABR, Broker, e-PRO
Triangle Home Crew Team Leader
919-491-4663
Hi Alice
There are condo's in town as you have heard, to answer your question, the basic difference between townhouses and condo's in that in a condo you do not own the land your structure is on, nor do you own the exterior structure, basicly you own everthing interior in your unit, if that makes sense. Now the dues are higher in a condo but they generally include exterior maintenance and sometimes water as well as an insurance policy to cover the structure so you need only to insure your personal belongings. I hope this helps.
Michael
Web Reference: http://www.colvinm.hpw.com
Hi again Alice,

Yes, there are a few condos in Hillsborough and there are some townhomes too. I actually live in Hillsborough myself (and in a townhome) and would be happy to help you. The condos that are here are quite small (approx. 1000 feet) but are priced under $100K. Depending on your budget, you could get a brand new townhome with at least a one car garage for in the $150-$165K range and there are a few townhomes larger than that in Hillsborough that come in up to $215K. The higher priced ones have approximately 2200-2400 square feet and two car garages.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Susan Crawford, ABR, Broker, e-PRO
Triangle Home Crew Team Leader
919-491-4663