Home Buying in San Diego>Question Details

nancyr444, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

are there any mobile home parks in san diego county where you can own the land instead of renting the land?

Asked by nancyr444, San Diego, CA Fri Sep 13, 2013

Add some detail about your question

Answers

12
55+ LAND-OWNED MOBILE HOME PARKS IN NORTH SAN DIEGO COUNTY (NO SPACE RENT):

Best in my estimation, considering location, prices, and fees, is VILLA MADEIRA. It's a co-op resident-owned park on the border of Escondido and San Marcos at 955 Howard Ave. There are 3 for sale in VM, both published and unpublished, ranging from $69K. Total fees including utilities and cable TV can be as low as $275/mo., residents tell me.

OTHER LAND-OWNED PARKS...(You can Google search using names/cities below):

ESCONDIDO: Citrus Gardens, Rancho Escondido, Views, Lawrence Welk Village, Villa Madeira
SAN MARCOS: Madrid Manor, Casitas del Sol, La Moree Estates
VISTA: Vista Cascade, Vista Village, Sierra Vista
ENCINITAS: Park Encinitas
CARLSBAD: Rancho Carlsbad
OCEANSIDE: San Luis Rey

There may be a few others, but the list above will give you a place to start.

For more information, or to see any of the homes you are interested in, email: pate4realestate@gmail.com for referral to a buyer's agent. Happy hunting!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 28, 2014
Looking for co-op manufactured home community in San Deigo area, 4-5miles from beach, low HOA fees. 2 bedroon 2 bath, prefer 55 and over, or no kid park.
ginaandharold@yahoo.com
Flag Fri Apr 17, 2015
Seems like all the other answers to your question are affiliated with the "real estate" business. I am not.

No there are NOT many of them. I know of 3 in north county. They are difficult to find because the NON owner occupied parks are much more prolific. The one where we live is San Luis Rey Homes. We are located near the California Mission San Luis Rey in Oceanside. There is another one in Vista, sorry don't know the name of it, and I've read about another one near the border of San Marcos and Vista, north of the 78 freeway. We are a non-profit, Mutual Benefit organization, run by a board of governors (all voted for by the park's occupants and also volunteers) We have a lot of activities that help us stay qualified as a senior park, we are age restricted to 55 and over, NO PET and NO RENTALS park. So if you're under 55, like pets, or think you can invest for cheap monthly rent and then pull an income from renting out your unit, it's not gonna happen. BUT, if you want a nice, clean, fairly quiet place with great people, it's a great park. Most realtors don't understand how the program works, but a couple of them do and are good at explaining the rules & regs that apply to this type of park.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 29, 2014
Yes, there are also several homes that are not in parks but still on permanent foundations. I'll link to a few in the web reference below.

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
619-929-0105
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 13, 2013
Looking for a double wide on land you can own in the Oceanside, Ca area. Don`t want to go too far east, too hot.
Flag Tue Jan 20, 2015
Hey Nancy,
The short answer is yes there are a number through out the County where you own the land
I would need specific criteria to help you identify the right area and park for you
Give me a call or email me and we can continue this conversation
Ryan
Ryan@buysellsd.com
858-353-9182
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 13, 2013
My husband and I purchased a mobile home last year, and we took it road tripping everywhere. We gutted out the inside, and refurbished it the way we wanted. It was a lot of hard work, but it was well worth it. How often do mobile homes have to be serviced?

Amelia Gillian | http://www.fischerhomecenter.com
I think you mean motor home not mobile home.
Flag Sat Feb 21, 2015
Yes there are a few parks for you to search for. The homes you need to focus on will be built on a foundation. You will therefore own the land not lease it. What is your price range? You can always visit http://www.SDCountyHomesForSale.com for a complete listing of mobile and other homes in your price range,
There are many...but they vary in quality and HOA fees. Which part of the county are you shooting for?
Something near Escondido. Senior mobile home park
Flag Mon May 26, 2014
CALL ME TODAY!!

Valerie Wengeler
Realtor® CA BRE LIC# 01934056
619-309-9342
Alliance Group Real Estate Services
http://www.valeriewengeler.com/
Hi Nancy, Yes!! We love our mobile home clients without land lease or land ownership to choose from. We would enjoy the opportunity to work together and share our local knowledge with you. We can provide the best personal buyer representation for you whenever you are ready to seriously consider this important move!! I will be glad to email you some mobile homes to view online to get an idea of what you can purchase in your target price range with your desirable criteria. Contact maureen@landangel.com or call/text 760 622 6855. Let's make home happen!!
Web Reference: http://www.coastal.biz
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 15, 2013
Hello Nancy,
arcos
Yes there are parks in SD county. I have helped others buy in San Marcos park and land was part of the purchase. I could set up a search for you so you can view all the available parks with land ownership and then customize it to specific parts of the county.

Would you send your email address and contact details so you may receive available listings right away?

Bill Villa - Broker/President
Villa Realty, Inc.
DRE #01758821
(760) 908-4264

Search for homes instantly at http://www.VILLAREALTYINC.com
Rancho Carlsbad is one. It is an age-qualified community. I helped clients find a home there. They absolutely love it!

Kind regards,
Scott

Scott Smerud, Esq.
Realtor & Attorney

Better Negotiation. Better Results.

P: 760.644.1484
F: 855.476.3783
Scott@SmerudRealEstate.com
http://www.SmerudRealEstate.com
1501 San Elijo Rd. S., Ste. 104
San Marcos, CA 92078
BRE # 01913576
Nancy,

There are certainly subdivisions of manufactured homes available in San Diego. The best course of action would be to enlist the experience of an agent in the area you would like to live in.

For the record, if you are looking to finance your manufactured home purchase, there are several specific criteria that must be met (by most lenders):

Primary Occupied
Build after July 15, 1976
Permanent Foundation
Owned land (not rented or leased).

I can provide any information you may need regarding manufactured housing financing; however, a license agent will be able to get you access to the Multiple Listing Service in San Diego.

All my best,

Deborah

"We Listen. We Care. We Deliver."