Home Buying in Yukon>Question Details

Darkknight, Home Buyer in Yukon, OK

are there any lease optons to buy?

Asked by Darkknight, Yukon, OK Sat Jun 2, 2012

Answers

7
I do not find many "lease to own" scenarios play out in my market, but it may be different in yours. I think a seller would be hesitant to set a price today for a future date when the market is showing signs of improvement. And if the reverse is true, ie, the market is deteriorating, it may not make sense to you the buyer to set a price today for a price that may be lower at that future date.

My recommendation - rent now, save money, and buy when you are ready.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 2, 2012
Yes, there are! Are you still looking?
I have my home listed for a lease to purchase. Email me at: mjscantlin @ gmail . com
In the Oklahoma City area, I do not see many lease to own options. Sellers are often hesitant to choose that option because if the buyer isn't qualified to buy now, there is no guarantee they will be ready to buy in 6 months or a year when their "Lease to Own" contract comes due. Then the seller has lost all the time renting when they could have waited for another buyer to just buy it from the beginning.

I know many buyers would like to see more of these, as I get called about lease to own on my listings from time to time. Its just tough to get a seller who is ready to be done with a property to be willing to rent instead. However, every once in a while I've seen a seller willing to go that way. I agree with Jeanne. If you aren't able to buy now, keep renting, save money and then buy the house you really like from a huge selection of properties, rather than settling on one of the few houses willing to do a lease to own.
Quite frankly, in todays uncertainty you will be hard pressed to find a lease to own option. However they are not nonexistent. Good Luck!
I do not have lease options at this time but would be glad to check the rest of MLS for you to see if any are available. What price range ? rholland@pruhomequest.com and I will send the info to you.
130.000-150,000
Flag Sat Jun 2, 2012
Tons of them.

For a guide on how to find them, see http://bit.ly/findaleaseoption

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA