Pattypeppy, Home Buyer in Independence, MO

are there any homes for sale in Oaks Ridge that have basements?

Asked by Pattypeppy, Independence, MO Mon Mar 12, 2012

Oaks Ridge in 64064

Answers

5
Actually...There are several Condos in that area that have basements. The condos on the east side of Moonlight Meadow Dr up near and around the Cul-de-sac have basements. These are not anywhere near the Little Blue River. It's only the ones on the west side of Plantation Drive that are right up along the river and these are the ones that you must be careful about the flooding. The ones on Moonlight Meadow Drive are on the opposite side of Anderson (Veile) Road so they are not near the river at all. These are the condos IMO that I would say are the best ones in the area. Hope this helps.
Andrea K.
Few of these condos do have basements, however, they are very small. Also, a handful of them that do have basements and back up to the Little Blue River have had a history of flooding. I have lived here since the properties were brand new in 2003 and I can recall about three times over the years where my neighbors have had basement flood issues.

From my perspective, a basement isn't really necessary. These condos have attic storage above the garage and above the second story. If it is a tornado shelter you are looking for, just hop in your card and drive a half mile down Lee's Summit Road to the caves in the event of threatening weather. We've done that a couple times.
If you are referring to the Condos of Oaks Ridge Meadows there is a 2 bedroom 3 bath condo with MLS # 1767009 that has a walk out basement and finished attic.
There are a few of the townhomes that do have basements. A couple of them sold last year. I'd have to look to see if there were any for sale currently. Most do not have a basement. Is that the only area you like?
Patricia,
The town homes are 2 story units and do not have basements. I thought you didn't want to pay a monthly HOA. Give me a call so that you are getting the right types of properties.
Sherri Oaks
Web Reference: http://Www.sherrioaks.com