Anil, Home Buyer in Orinda, CA

are there any foreclosures in orinda that may be good deal?

Asked by Anil, Orinda, CA Wed May 14, 2008

Answers

7
Dear Home Buyer,
Having lived in Orinda for 18 years, I have been tracking foreclosures for a while now, and have even personally purchased them...and the answer is yes. Some homes, end up going to the court house steps and get purchased by investors/home buyers. Others don't receive a bid and revert back to the bank and become REO's. By analyzing the trends and being knowledgeable about value you can identify those properties that are a "good deal". They are not always REO's. Buying an REO can be risky in that most have had a lot of deferred maintenance and/or have damage or structural issues. For example, if the plumbing hasn't been used in a year or so, there may be issues that will need correcting... Please feel free to contact me or go to my website for more information. I also specialize in assisting people who are upside down. My best to you. Sincerely, Ann

Ann Sullivan
Coldwell Banker Orinda
License 01488386
cell: 925-330-8214
ann@annsullivanrealestate.com
I see that other realtors answered you but I'm the only one who lives and works in Orinda and knows this community better than they do! Yes, we are experiencing more short sales and foreclosures, although not as frequent as other areas in the East Bay. I have an account with Foreclosure Radar so can research these for you. However, the longer homes stay on the market and Orinda's inventory grows, the better values for buyers. They won't have to only look for a good buy from REO's(foreclosures) and Short Sales, but will find them from regular sales, too.
Let me know if I can help you or any friends or family!

Holly Henkel
J. Rockcliff Realtors
hhenkel@rockcliff.com
Web Reference: http://www.hollyhenkel.com
I am not going to comment on any specific property at this time, however, I will comment on the market and the power of buyers given the mortgage rates and homes prices. I would summarize by saying, if you are able to afford to buy, now might very well be the time to snatch up a deal in Orinda. Mazimizing your buying power now might be prudent if these prices hold. However, if prices hold remains to be seen.

You can search Orinda foreclosures on the MLS with the link provided.

Feel free to contact me for a more customized MLS search.

Cheers,

Arturo C. Shivers, REALTOR, SFR
Lic. #01779941
KELLER WILLIAMS REALTY
760 Camino Ramon, Suite 200
Danville, CA 94526
Office: (925) 855-8333 Ext. 272
Mobile: (415) 871-4239
I just heard of one for $699K 3bedroom and 2 bath - it is not a foreclosure, but the bank is close to finalizing the price. It is a beauty and should go fast!
Hi, Anil

I was surprised to find some short sales and foreclosures in Lafayette, Moraga and Orinda ("Lamorinda") because this is not the sort of thing you would see in these areas. While helping my clients find a home in these cities, we discovered quite a few.

As of this writing, there are 20 that are still actively for sale. Click on the link provided. You have a selection of condos, townhouses and detached single family homes. The most expensive are two homes, each priced at $1.2M

This is a dynamic link in the sense that it will change the status of the property as it is amended by the listing agent. Thus, what's active as of this time may be pending next time you click on the link.

If you need this kind of information on a regular basis, and if you are not currently working with a realtor, I will be happy to help. Contact me by clicking on my name/profile.

Pacita
Good Evening Anil,
There are a total of 4 foreclosures in Orinda at this time, 3 of them are active and one has gone pending. There are also 2 short sales one of which is active and one went pending. I would be happy to set you up on a property minder alert which would track any upcoming foreclosures or short sales. Honestly what you should do is have 2 searches set up since Orinda has much less that comes on the market and when it does it does not last long. The perfect example is how many properties total in Orinda that are either active or pending in Orinda. There are only 93 total properties on and of those 93, 33 are already pending. Compare those number to San Ramon as an example. In San Ramon there are 443 active and pending sales and 115 of those are pending. If you really want to keep your pulse on Orinda you need to be working with an agent that can set you up to monitor everything that comes through. I would be happy to help you further if you contact me directly at ajcohen@apr.com.
Have a great evening,
AJ Cohen
I know of one right now that price per sq ft is a good deal when compared to everything else on the market. They go quick though!