Tmc, Other/Just Looking in Woodson Estates, Kan...

are there any discounts for first time buyers?

Asked by Tmc, Woodson Estates, Kansas City, MO Mon Oct 19, 2009

Answers

5
I am a Mortgage Consultant in the KCMO market. The first time home buyer (not having ownes a primary residence in the most recent 3 years) programs that are available are... 1) the Kansas City Dream program which allows up to a 20% gift by the municipality of Kansas City provided that the property is located with in the designated census tract, Like wise the Missouri Housing Developement Commision is also providing a 2nd mortgage (vs a grant) up to $15,000.00 or 20% which ever is less with a maximum purchase price of $150,000.00 at a 6% interest rate. Both of these programs are income qualified. Only the MHDC program is available state wide.
The best thing with the programs is that the buyers can still take advantage of the 10% tax credit up to $8,000.00. However, both programs currently are without funding presently. MHDC in the mean time can be used as a monetizing vechical for the 10% tax credit to allow the "first time home buyer" to use the tax credit as their down payment with FHA financing.
You receive $8K tax credit great if you close by 11.30.09

Discount for 1st time home buyers us as Real Estate Agents only dream that would be true. Many myths you qualify same way as others searching for a home

In some states allow an agent "gift back % of their sales commission" however not all agents offer that service or program.

Good luck keep in mind you receive annual tax benefits owning home confer with your CPA

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Texas Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911
Lynn911

http://www.lynn911.com
I concur with the 2 other agent's answers. If there is an extension or a newly formulated program for a 1st time buyer credit, it will probably not take place until the new year. A financial source of my indicated that there may be some news in December.
There is currently a 10% tax credit, up to $8,000 for first time home buyers, but the existing program runs out Dec. 1, 2009. You would have to have your purchase closed by Nov 30th to qualify.
There is talk about the Federal Govenment extending or enhancing the program, but nothing concrete on that as of yet.

In Kansas City Mo. there is a KC Dream program (when they have funding available) that first time buyers can get a down payment grant of up to $20,000.

Also, check out the website for Kansas City programs available at www/kchomeprograms.com
You can also contact me or my office and I can have someone assist you directly.
The $8,000 tax credit ends on Nov 30th. There are rumors of more to come next year, but nothing concrete.