cherman321, Home Buyer in West Palm Beach, FL

are pets allowed? If so, any weight restrictions?

Asked by cherman321, West Palm Beach, FL Wed Dec 4, 2013

Answers

6
Hi Cherman~

As stated by the other agents, some subdivisions within Century Village allow pets, but the restrictions vary. Typically, restrictions pertain to weight, breed and total number of pets. What kind of pet do you have and how much does it weigh?

Katie Ingram, Realtor®, CDPE, CFA
561.389.7863
katie@katieingram.com / http://www.katieingram.com
* Serving Buyers & Sellers in South Florida since 1999
Some buildings in Century Village do allow pets, but the restrictions depend on each association within the community. What is the breed and weight of your pet? I can check with the pet friendly buildings and see which association would be the most accommodating.

David Harrelson, Broker
Palm Beach Realty Group, LLC
580 Village Boulevard, Suite 150
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
561.414.7630 Direct
561.594.4000 ext. 101 Office
561.594.5000
Without knowing the property, it's difficult to give exact information. However, if you're looking at a condominium in West Palm Beach, most, though not all, do not encourage pets. However, those that do (and there are several) typically set a pet weight limit of 30 pounds or under or 20 pounds or under.

If you are moving into a single family home in West Palm Beach, the home owners association (HOA) sets the pet policies. Most single family communities allow pets, typically up to three, and occasionally more.

You may find that gated communities will be more stringent with their rules than non-gated communities, and that the higher the cost of the HOA, the more restrictive the pet rulings.

Most communities with HOAs, but not all, place a limit of 50 pounds per pet on dogs, and almost all restrict dogs that are considered dangerous, such as Dobermans and Staffordshire Terriers (pit bulls).

Communities without HOAs typically have no pet restrictions, because there is no organization that governs the subdivision. In that case, you are usually free to own as many pets, in almost any weight category, as you choose.

There is an area to the far west of West Palm Beach called the Acreage, where every property is at least an acre in size. Residents of that area are free to raise pets of virtually any size and species.

Marc Jablon, the Jablon Team
Re/Max Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
Cherman,

Wou did not link a property to your question so it is impossible to respond. The market in West Palm Beach is solid like much of the real estate market in the area. Well priced units tend to sell very quickly and those that are either over-priced or in poor condition tend to languish. Pricing pressure throughout the region have been to the upside finally after 7 years of falling but we see some consolidation over the past three months. If you like keeping up with the current market trends you may enjoy subscribing to my blog at;

http://www.trulia.com/blog/tompriester/

A very clear description of your specific requirements (including the number of, size and breed of your pets) is the best place to start your property search and if I can be of service to you and your family I would appreciate the opportunity to be one of the agents you may choose to interview. We are experts in finding our clients that "needle in the haystack" and would love to help you find yours.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Hi Cherman,

I am a Pet Friendly Realtor. I have made a point of knowing all the Pet Friendly communities in Palm Beach County. Id love to help you and your furry family member.

Jacquie Yekmalian
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Florida Real Assist
561-868-0591
http://www.isellflahomes.com/petfriendly
Hi Cherman,

There are only one or two building that allow pets in Century Village
and the weight restrictions is 15 lbs. If I can be of any help please
just give me a call or email me at joan_wpb@yahoo.com.

Joan

Continental Properties
2240 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd.
West Palm Beach, Fl. 33409
561.294.8712 daytime
561.792.2330 evening