Home Buying in Merrick>Question Details

tomsteph638, Home Buyer in Merrick, NY

are houses selling in Merrick right now? whats the average time it takes to sell a nice home, in the $450 range?

Asked by tomsteph638, Merrick, NY Thu Aug 30, 2012

Answers

8
Janet M. Nation’s answer
The average time it takes to sell a "nice" home will be contingent upon price, location and condition combined. If 450K is a random number you just selected because that's what you want, and it's not in sync with what similar homes that have sold for in the neighborhood, expect to be on the market for a very long time.
The average days on market for a home listed on or after Jan 01, 2012 and priced between $350,000 and $500,000 is 57 days.
Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES, GREEN, BPOR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
"We treat you like family!"
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
I get at least two requests a day for Merrick North as well as Merrick South. It is an easy commute to NYC by train and if you were being prodded to the North Shore because you have to drive to Queens, the Meadowbrook brings you straight accross Long Island if you feel you must live on the South Shore. And remember, you can always take the Meadowbrook South to our beautiful Beach Parkway or over to Point Lookout for a terrific fish dinner! I grew up in Merrick and it is a terrific community all the way around.
Hello Tom. Yes homes are selling in Merrick. Transactions are taking place everyday. As for selling a home in the $450k range, it all depends on a number of factors including location.

I suggest that you ask for a Consultation with a Real Estate Professional.

Wishing you the best of luck,

De Vonte Williamson
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
Direct:(631)638-6193
Mobile: (631)384-3695
cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!"
Tom: There are lots of variables to take into consideration, so the generic answer would be, location, condition, timing, and correct market price would dictate the lenght of time.

I live and work in the area so I recommend you hire a professional Real Estate Agent you will be comfortable to work with and go for it.

Good Luck

Joseph Asaro, ABR, CBR
NYS Licensed Real Estate Agent

Century21 AA Realty Inc
Seaford, NY 11783

Cell 516 410 5818
My partner and I flipped one in South Merrick last year and it went quickly. He lives in Merrick and is a real estate agent. I'd be happy to give you his information, or vice versa . He offers a cancellation guarantee, negotiable commission and knows Merrick well. He's also a retired NYPD Sgt. Drop me an e-mail and we will get it sold. Free, no obligation consultation.
Tom Brady SFR, e-Pro, SRES, GREEN
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Ret. NYPD Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
"We treat you like family!"
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Plaza - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
Without seen the home a doing a CMA report it is hard to tell. please give me a call at 347 932-0609
Average time does vary based on exact location, pricing, size, condition, upgrades, etc. When priced on target properties do sell, and multiple offers are not unusual.