Home Buying in Brick>Question Details

Scott Sacs, Home Seller in Brick, NJ

are beach houses selling yet?

Asked by Scott Sacs, Brick, NJ Fri Jun 7, 2013

Answers

5
Houses and areas that were not affected as much by Sandy are selling . There always has and always been a market for homes close to the beach. I'm seeing a lot of homes being listed as is with the buyers responsible to repair the storm damage. Those homes will probably take much longer to sell and for significantly lower than market value.
That's a pretty broad question.
Each town is different as each town was affected differently by the storm.
I've seen home appreciation in towns over the last few months, and I've seen depreciation, too.
Houses in a flood zone are harder to sell. It's one of the first question buyers ask--Is it in a flood zone. The problem is that no one knows yet what affect the new flood zones will have on price. Included in that uncertainty becomes elevation and flood insurance.
If you have a specific property in mind, I'd be happy to discuss it with you.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
Hi Scott,

Beach houses have started to sell again. When homes are priced right they get offers. If the seller is still trying to hit a homerun, the house will not move. I just had a house down off LBI that had three offers on it and went "under contract" in a couple of weeks. In this market, a having a ful-ltime Realtor really goes a long way. Good luck with your search.
Yes Scott they are, I have just sold another property this one on the Bay. Feel free to contact me for more info . I would be happy to assist you.

Helen Cocuzza Realtor Associate
Gloria Nilson & Co Real Estate.
Phone: (732)232-1614
Email: Hcocuzza@glorianilson.com
Hi Scott, yes...the market looks very promising for sellers. Do you have a home to sell? I have several buyers looking for homes to buy all over ocean and monmouth counties.but not many home sellers...please contact me on my office phone at 732 536 9010 ext 326 or on my mobile at 718 344 7862. You can also contact me via email at angelabaskin@kw.com or signup on my website...angelabaskin.kwrealty.com or baskinahome.com
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Angela Baskin