julie, Renter in Occidental, CA

approximate time to sell house in Occidental California. Sale price is $830,000.00

Asked by julie, Occidental, CA Thu Jul 19, 2012

Answers

7
It is all very subjective. A house that is priced well, in good condition and has charm along with a lot of sunlight plus level usable land and a scenic location will usually sell fairly quickly, anywhere from 1 or 2 weeks to 1 or 2 months.

If you're asking what time of year is best when selling, typically March-May is the busiest time of year and therefore the best time to sell.

If you have any more questions, just give me a call at 707-836-3445

Visit my website at http://www.sonomacountyhomepro.com
Hi Julie,

Houses can and do sell during all months of the year, but the traffic is highest in the spring and summer. The days are longer and it shows better with your plants in bloom. That is the time of the year when the most buyers are on the move. In that price range your buyers are likely to be looking for a primary home and to have children who they would like to have settled in school...another reason why summer is a good opportunity for you.
Hi Julie

Have you made your decision or can we visit and I show you how to sell your home?

Harvey
It's not my house. I rent
thanks
Flag Mon Jul 23, 2012
Julie

We need to talk so call me. No pressure no obligation. I like to help people make the right decision.

Harvey 707-829-7691
Julie

The first important question when determining a price to sell your home: If I were buying this home what would I pay. The price of a home will determine the income level the buyer has to have to pay a mortgage after 20% down: This is where you determine who is your target market. The next is to compare your home with the current competition in that price bracket and visit those home to see how it compares with the home you want to sell. Then you see what has sold in the last year in that price bracket to see what a lender would loan. To obtain the highest price the home should be well painted inside and out and all appliances in good working order a good working kitchen and good master bedroom and bath and feel good about what you see looking out the windows. Of course location is very important.

I know how to analyze your home and make recommendations to achieve the best selling price.

Harvey Charnofsky 707-829-7691 jhcharno@msn.com
Looking at sales made at approximately 5% above and below $830K ($790K-$870) in the last 6 months in the greater Sebastopol mutiple listing service area (which covers the area from the Laguna de Santa Rosa west to about a mile in from the coast and from Blank Road on the south to Forestville) there have been only 4 sales in the last 6 months and their time on the market ranged from 13 to 274 days. So price is not a meaningful reference point for estimating time between listing and sale.

It is not the price point that dictates how long it will take to sell but rather its price relative to the alternatives that a buyer in that price range might be considering at any given time and how its features compare competitively

FYI: there are currently 3 properties in that same price range that have accepted offers (are in their contingent phase) and there are 10 that are fully available.

I have been helping buyers and sellers of west county properties since 1993. If you'd like to discuss further give me a call.

I
I am very experienced and knowledgeable. I Just sold a home at 1960 Joy Rd for $1,085,000. I can sell your home too. Lets talk.
829-7691 leave a message if I am not at the phone and I will call you back today.

Harvey Charnofsky