Home Buying in Southampton>Question Details

Ldnyc, Home Buyer in Southampton, NY

anyone know anything about southampton acres. Is it mostly families, older people. I have children and I'm looking for a family friendly

Asked by Ldnyc, Southampton, NY Sun Sep 23, 2012

community.

Answers

10
Southampton Acres, Northside Hills, are both nice friendly and family communities how big of a house are you looking for, bedrooms, price range, pool propertry size?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013
Jonathan is sadly mistaken. All of the brokerages out here on the East End cobroke our listings. We show everyone's listings. He may not understand co-broking and working without MLS. The East End has its own listing service. And, yes, Southampton Acres is friendly to all.
Southampton Acres is north of RT. 27 and along Noyac Rd. It is very definitely a family community.
Home prices in this area are in the range of $650,000 to $1,100,000. It has deeded beach rights and is located between the Villages of Sag Harbor and Southampton.
Southampton Acres is one of many developments in Southampton, North of the highway. It offers year round living and summer fun. Surrounded by Peconic Bay with boating and swimming. Close to Southampton village and Sag Harbot.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
very much a family community
Yes, I have sold in Southampton Acres. Very lovely area with a private bay beach. It is located in the northern section of Southampton and is very family friendly. Taxes are low in this area as well.

Janice
Hello LdNYC...

Here would be my first question... are you looking for this year round or as a second home.... many of the areas in Southampton are busy and active in season and ghost towns in the winter.... Happy to help you with your search, but I would really have to chat with you first to get a better understanding of what you are looking for... feel free to contact me at anytime if I may be of help... also remember that homes are not really shared among real estate offices in the Hamptons, so having a buyers agents who is showing you a true cross section will help you more than working with one agent who is showing you only their own firms listings!

Jon
Visit a neighborhood several times to get a sense of belonging. Check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached.
Ldnyc,

Hi. All the developments of Southampton are "family friendly". Maybe your best bet would be to find several developments, communities, and areas that appeal to you within your expected price range Then spend some time walking each, speaking with neighbors and experiencing the communities 1st hand. There are several in that area with extra amenities such as beach access, docking rights, tennis & volleyball courts, ball fields etc. Most of those would be a draw for the active people and I'm sure you would get a feel for ones that would be of interest. If you have time maybe renting for a period would give you a chance to experience an area before purchasing. If you would like any help in your search feel free to reach out. Good luck and Regards, David Donohue
Hello Ldnyc. Try talking to neighbors, checking out crime statistics with the local police department, etc. A licensee cannot comment on the "desirability" of a particular neighborhood and/or development, nor the demographics.

The best advice I could give you is to drive around and get a feel for yourself.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you the best of luck,

De Vonte Williamson
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
Direct:(631)638-6193
Mobile: (631)384-3695
cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!