Home Buying in Agoura Hills>Question Details

Scargo, Home Buyer in Agoura Hills, CA

anyone know any two mom or two dad families living in agoura with? are folks welcoming?

Asked by Scargo, Agoura Hills, CA Tue Sep 1, 2009

Answers

6
Larry Brown’s answer
The day I can't speak openly and honestly to a client is the day I find another way to make a living. To H*ll with the lawyers who wish to sanitize everything and in the name of political correctness, forbid us from being straight forward for fear of liability. When a client employs my services he gets the straight info. In 20 years of doing business I have never been sued or censured by individual or any professional body and I AINT gonna start worrying about that now. People have a right to know whatever they want to know regarding prospective neighborhoods .... that means the good, the bad and the ugly! That means "the truth"!
The short answer would have been nobody would even notice or bat an eye. I am just too politically obsessive to give "a short answer". Of course there are same sex couples here and tons of folks with gay kids!
I know of a few same sex couples out here, only one with kids but none of the couples I know seem to have a problem in the community.
Agoura is not "redneck" and I would not expect being gay to be any big deal here.

Although Agoura is not West Hollywood, nor is it Pocatello Idaho! I know of at least one openly lesbian couple, one of whom was involved in city government and was an active player in the community. They were well liked by all of their neighbors including me until they moved out of state.

Maybe I'm just getting old but I never heard of anyone having two Moms or two Dads. This is the lingo of choice for those who write text books, but I'll bet that jargon is embarrassing to the kids of those families who know darn well there is no such thing as two Mommies or Daddies and that people are just saying that because they are embarrassed to say "my Mom or Dad is gay".

No gay man or woman should ever have to be embarrassed about it and being gay is nothing to be embarrassed about ..... only an idiot would make an issue of it and fortunately we don't have many of those.

I think if folks cut away the fat and quit dancing around the issues with euphemisms we might get past our Neanderthal traditions faster. Or maybe not!

I am certain though that Agoura is a safe and lovely place to live, whether you are straight or gay and that a gay couple or a family with gay members is as welcome here as anyone else.
In 1997 my daughter was in the 5th grade at Yerba Buena and there was a female classmate with 2 moms.
A few years later, in high school, my older daughter had a male classmate with 2 moms. Though I'm sure there must have been some difficulties - I never heard of problems for them.

Agoura HIlls isn't considered a diverse community but I certainly hope we're intelligent and thoughtful enough to welcome all families.

I know a 29 year old who is one of the most wonderful, loving, responsible & secure young adults.
It is a pleasure to be friends with his mom & dad. Dad became opening gay when their son was
6 months old .

I don't know what it was like for them to raise their son.
As nice as it might have been to have neighbors who were welcoming it had to have been the parents who did something right to raise such a happy and secure son. (Probably nothing you don't already know).

I admire you for being honest and true to yourself. And, if you're moving to Agoura Hills - WELCOME.
I know know of any - personally. However, Agoura Hills is a great place to raise kids. I can't think of a better place to live. BTW, my son is on the Agoura High football team. We are slow growth here - no large malls, department stores and Home Depot. Every walk of life is represented... and welcome.