Home Buying in Edgewater>Question Details

James, Home Buyer in Palisades Park, NJ

anyone familiar with the greenhouse apt in cliffside park and crown village in edgewater?

Asked by James, Palisades Park, NJ Mon Sep 1, 2008

i am deciding on which one to go with but have couple questions. why is it that there are mostly elderly people living in the green house? is it true that it would be hard to sell later on compared to the condos in edgewater?

Answers

2
Edgewater is a very busy place. It is a great location with excellent transportation options for younger couples and singles working in New York City. I have lived in Edgewater for the past 4 years and love it because I can walk to Target, several grocery stores, and it is a quick trip into the City when I want some more excitement. The real estate market in Edgewater reflects this. The area is mainly younger couples just starting a family. Crown Village is a nice option. It is just a couple of blocks from Whole Foods and the Edgewater Ferry into the City. The community is nice and quiet and just a block from the local elementary school.

If you are looking for resale, definitely consider Edgewater.
I've been living in The Greenhouse since 1979. If you have been looking at apartments here in the daytime hours it appears that many seniors live here,as they like to hang out in the lobby area. The same is true with Winston Towers. Many younger singles and couples have been purchasing in The Greenhouse recently.