Tom, Home Buyer in 15301

any homes for sale in washington pa 15301 on articale agreement?

Asked by Tom, 15301 Sat Jan 29, 2011

at least 2 bedrooms

Answers

2
Article of agreement is a dated way to purchase a home. Years ago when interest rates were through the roof it was a great thing for both buyer and seller. Now the only people offering an Article are looking for low credit individuals they hope to eventually kick out and keep their money. If you have a down payment for an AA then you have a down payment for a mortgage. The mortgage will keep your interest rate lower and give you a dependable source to deal with when paying your bills. If your credit is so bad that even with a down payment you can't get a loan then spend a year and repair it. A reputable seller offering an AA would not do business with a poor credit risk either. The average AA sellers are hoping you are poor at money management. If you pay their jacked up interest rates each time they win and if you eventually default and they get to keep all of your money and the property they win. The only loser here is the buyer, every time.
I don't know a lot about articles of agreement but I believe it is similar to rent-to-own or lease option agreements. I've been looking at a site called PA Home Horizons that does this in 15301.