Pete451f, Home Buyer in Laguna Woods, CA

any concern if the street address of the property on the preliminary report is wrong?

Asked by Pete451f, Laguna Woods, CA Sun Feb 19, 2012

I am buying a home and it's in escrow now. the street address of the property on the preliminary report is wrong. Do I have to ask them to correct it before I remove contingency.

Answers

8
Ask the Title Company to verify the address is the correct address. You can also check it on the OC Treasuer website here: http://tax.ocgov.com/tcweb/search_page.asp
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 19, 2012
You should contact your agent/escrow rep ASAP.

ALL documents must be CORRECT!!!

This needs to be corrected before you move on to the next step.

Best of Luck to You!
Kawain Payne, Realtor®
Hi Pete,

There are 3 things you should be doing.
1) talk with your agent about this, he/she should be in contact with escrow and title and getting back to you so you know things are being taken care of for you.......
2) talk to escrow about this and they should already be ion top of this and they too can send you an email that this is being taken care of.....
3) talk to the title company about this and find out from them if the first two aren't getting it done for you.
Last resort is to contact a real estate attorney for advice. This is what I would be doing and have them send you an email to follow up with you.. You want to know escrow and the title company are aware of this..
Be proactive.. Good luck.

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
Pete451f:

One of your investigative rights is being sure your can obtain title insurance on the property you are buying, which is not what you have received. Do not delay in getting this corrected!
Hello Pete;
First of all your lender who is providing you with loan (if any loan ) will not follow through the transaction until the street address issue is clarified by Title Insurance. Your Title Insurance company will send an amendment which is the valid explanation of this issue to you, your escrow and your lender. The answer to your question is, if you have not applying for any loan to buy this property, you will have to address this with your Title Company.
If there is any correction required, it can be done at time of recording.
Best of Luck
Shadi Kian
Mortgage and Real Estate Broker
I would definately address it before closing, it may not be a big deal but should be right to avoid any problems after you close.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Top avoid any future complications, insurance or legal issues I would suggest you address this issue
prior to closing.
Ask your agent, and ask your title rep.