Willie, Other/Just Looking in Brooklyn Park, MN

am i crazy or should a realtor return phone and emails ?and why do they give you the cell number when they

Asked by Willie, Brooklyn Park, MN Fri Jul 17, 2009

dont answer anyway. do i need meds or what.

Answers

7
LOL! Willie, some agents don't even call me back or return emails, even when we have a contract signed. I think some are just bad at follow up, others are bad at balancing their time, and others are just rude and don't care. It is in every profession. If they don't call you back, maybe it is time to move on to another agent who will give you the time of day.
Hi Willie,

Not all Realtors are the same (or professional). Unfortunately, that is what gives the profession a bad name. I would call the sales manager of a local real estate office of a well known company and ask for a recommendation or two of an agent that specializes in the area you buying/selling. You will then get someone that not only knows the area but one that will return your calls and emails promptly.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 17, 2009
Willie,

One last tidbit, are you currently signed on with a Realtor or are you calling of a sign or ad on a foreclosed home? If you have a Realtor representing you, you have a bad agent. Immediately call the Broker office and talk to the Sales Manager, they should take care of you ... and the agent. If it's a sign call on a bank home, I suggest finding a good Realtor who is attentive to your needs and have them represent you, you will highly benefit from this. These homes get continual calls and I have found many Realtors don't like to deal with a buyer without an agent or are not a well versed investor as it is a very long & confusing process, but they should still answer their phone and maybe sign you on as a client!

Even Realtors have trouble talking to SOME of those realtors representing these homes. Many have too many listings & are overwhelmed or just don't care. I have actually had both wonderful and horrible communication, Realtor to Realtor, in bank and short deals. I tend to not deal with the listings that I know a particular Realtor never calls back...it makes a closing pretty difficult for my buyers. It's tough when the few bad agents ruin a reputable occupation for those of us who truly treat it as such.

Willy, good luck on your search and skip the meds!
Willie,

Yes, the agent should answer and return your calls/emails .......

There are sometimes reasons why people do not perform as expected......illness, technology problems, travel etc. A simple call to the office may provide the information you are seeking. Don't waste your time carping and complaining, get to the bottom of it.

On the issue of "meds" you'll need to seek another source....good luck
Maybe this goes back to the 80/20 rule: 80% of the business is done by the 20% who do keep on tope of things, return calls, etc. We used to make sure to keep the rule in real estate that "time is of the essence." unfortunately as times have become a little different, our definitions in many walks of life have changed. As a culture, we certainly put layers between ourselves and direct communications, screening calls, thinking that technology will do it all for us. Especially in real estate the time is now, and we do need to respond in a timely manner. All of us who answer questions here do that; without spending 24 hours per day at the computer, we do answer these questions quickly, letting you know that we take your inquiry seriously. I live and work in the north metro area, and have several listings in Brooklyn Park. Quick response is how we do it. Liz, 512-986-4105.

PS. There is some Brooklyn Park money available - not a lot, but enough to be helpful if you meet the criteria. If you are a first time buyer, or have not owned for a few years, you may be eligible for the $8000 credit and some other possibilities and loan products as well.
Unfortunately some agents think this is a part time job. I take my job and clients very seriously. Maybe you should find our who in your area is a full time agent. They will give you the time and dedication needed to sell your home.
Web Reference: http://yourgalval.com
Oh, dear, Willie. That's too bad. It's gives the entire profession a bad name when that happens. Unfortunately, we do hear stories like that. It sounds like that agent has lots of other things going on and not much time to return phone calls.

I advise contacting a few agents over the phone to see if there's a good fit. You need to interview them to determine if they are committed to your endeavor.

I do work the area you indicate in your profile. Feel free to contact me via Trulia or via the web address below.