Home Buying in 23704>Question Details

Marvin Stamps, Home Buyer in 23704

agreed plumbing repairs were not made

Asked by Marvin Stamps, 23704 Mon Jan 26, 2009

plumbing under house was stolen while under contract and seller had to replace. after 4 months, i bought a washer and found that piping to washer faucets and drain standpipe piping were never replaced / installed. what are my remedies

Help the community by answering this question:



In order to keep a paper trail of your issue (should you need to pursue legal action), I recommend contacting the attorney who represented you at closing and asking them to draft a letter to the seller. If you did not have legal representation at closing (you closed at a Title company), then draft a letter yourself and send it to the seller via certified mail. Be sure not to make any threats, just give the seller information regarding what was not done per the terms of your contract. Be specific and you may want to have a plumber draft an estimate covering what was not completed. Most likely, the seller will be upset that the person they paid to correct the issue did not complete the job and it will be finished; however, in order for the seller to go back to his/her plumbing contractor, it will be best if they have documentation from you. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 26, 2009

The first step is to contact the seller and make them aware of this problem. It's possible they are not even aware of this or you may find it is a oversight that they are very willing to correct.

Did you do a final "walk through" of the home prior to closing? It is commonly expected that identified repairs are inspected for completion during this step and prior to closing.

Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 26, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer