Home Buying in Coral Gables>Question Details

Steve Daudin, Home Buyer in Coral Gables, FL

about 6500 riviera drive, Coral Gables Is it possible to make an offer even when it's off parket? Do the owners want to sell it?

Asked by Steve Daudin, Coral Gables, FL Fri Mar 18, 2011

Answers

4
I know the property very well and yes the owners would be very happy to sell. This waterfront property is magnificently design with the upmost attention to finish and detail. All this does not come cheap which is why the home has been on the market for a while. To answer your question; most Sellers will hear offers providing they are realistic. Due to the number of days this property has been on the market and market conditions, I would say that these Sellers will not be quick to stray too far from the asking price of $6.950M. If you would like more information about this property or any other in the area you may call me at 786.302.0351.
The best way to know is to knock on the owners door and find out if they are interested in selling. I've done that before when a house was never on the market and my Buyer wanted to make an offer on it. They fell in love with the house every time they drove by it. I knocked on the door and provided the owner a card with an explanation on why I was there. They stated they were not interested in selling. I thanked them for their time and went back to the office. The owners called me back two weeks later and said "sure why not". I assisted the Buyers with a contract, presented it to the owner and produced a sell for my Buyer. Just like that. What I always say is "You never know what the outcome will be if you never ask." So I would ask.

If you need any other questions answered, please feel free to contact me at 305-801-7511 or jmay@Metro1properties.com.

Thank You.

Jenny May, Urban Sales Associate
Metro1Properties

I can,t ananswer that but I am the owner of a house in riviera drive 5801 and I want to sell . If you want to have more info I would be glad to answer you. My email is patriciaseguragarcia@hotmail.com
Steve,

If it's a short sale, preforclosure that is now under contract, the sellers probably don't want to be bothered with showing it for a "backup" offer.

If it's bank owned, they may not allow showings after there is a contract. Also on bank owned it may sell well above the asking price because they are generally underpriced to create a bidding war.

If it's a traditional sale where an owner actually has equity (rare in this market) then they may consider a "backup" offer.

If this is "off the market" for another reason besides being under contract that it could be possible for you to see it and make an offer. Find a Realtor to assist you and they can do the homework and get you in to see it and others that may be just as good or better for your criteria.

Hope this helps.

Alma