Home Buying in Long Beach>Question Details

marcoslbc, Real Estate Pro in Long Beach, CA

a realtor that knows me got me to talk to a loan officer that got me approved for $340,000.could i go to a different realtor with the same loan.thx

Asked by marcoslbc, Long Beach, CA Wed Mar 27, 2013

Answers

5
Did you sign a "Buyer Broker Agreement"? Talk to the first Realtor and explain what is going on.

You did not explain to us why you want to use another Realtor. That might effect how people answer this question.
I agree with the courtesy of informing the first Realtor of the situation, especially since they probably use that loan officer a lot, they are referring them after all, and may have a good relationship with them.

To answer your question, yes, you can go to a different Realtor.
Todd's answer is the right one. Be straight up with them. If you tell them why you want to change they might be able to fix it, but since they referred someone you are going to use I think you should give them the courtesy of informing them of the situation.

Lance R. King
Founder-Managing Broker
King Realty Group
415.722.5549 Cell
lance@king-realtygroup.com
License# 01384425
You can use any realtor you choose.

Make sure the realtor you select WANTS to work with buyers. Some agents WILL work with buyers. There is a big difference.

Bottom line you have to work with someone you feel most comfortable with. The agent who knows you, may have an expectation that you will work with him/her. If you do not feel they are the right fit for you, you should let them know ASAP if do decide to work with another agent.

Best of Luck to You!!
Kawain Payne, Realtor
Yes. Just be prepared that the lender was referred by the REALTOR so they most likely will let them know you are working with somebody else. Might want to talk to the old REALTOR first before making the switch. Just a good courtesy.