Home Buying in Maricopa>Question Details

eleanor hart…, Home Buyer in Kingman, AZ

1.what development is 1st choice for INVESTORS 2.are investors OVERLOOKING 2 bedrooms?

Asked by eleanor hartmann, Kingman, AZ Sun Apr 15, 2012

Answers

3
Carlos’ answer
1. There is no such thing as 1st choice development for investors. Different investors have different budgets, strategists and preferences. 2. Definitely no, many of the investors I work with are buying 2 bedroom properties.
thanks for the reply I do have a reason for these questions
Flag Mon Apr 16, 2012
As a real investor and specialist your question does not give much o work on. Everything when it comes to investing is based on numbers and models. Most to all of my investors do not look at anything below 1400 SQFT , and nor do they look for anything as a single family below a 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom. Now, I know investors who are buying 2 bedrooms based on location in other cities and states for single family dwellings, and I know investors buying 2 bedroom townhomes. It really comes down to numbers, and what you are trying to accomplish. Something to think about is how many investment properties are in a current area right now, and how many of them will go vacant in the nearing future in that area. Was there a bubble of investors. Not like 2006, but will they land themselves going forward in a situation where they cannot rent them. Many of these investors have paid cash, but have they considered that the strategic default clan and anybody else who lost their home are coming back into the market each year going forward, so will we have a less demand for rentals in places like Maricopa. Just food for thought if you are thinking about investing. I would make sure I would buying the property right, and buying the right property.
thanks for you reply,I do have a reason for these questions.
Flag Mon Apr 16, 2012
This is not an easy question to answer as it would depend on the investment strategy. If the home is being purchased to "flip" (resell immediately) or as a long term rental unit, the purchase price is more important factor than the location. However, if the home is going to be a rental in the short term with resale in 3-5 years (as many investors are targeting) the location and associated appreciation is much more important. That being said, Cobbletone Farms, The Villages and certain parts of Rancho El Dorado will have the best appreciation in my opinion. Of course, in most cases you will also pay more per square foot for these homes. 2 bedroom homes are extremely rare in the subdivisions of Maricopa except for Province, our 55+ community, so this is not considered a factor when purchasing here.

If you would like to discuss this further with your own investment goals in mind, please contact me. I have lived in Maricopa for over 9 years and ONLY deal with Maricopa real estate.
thanks for your time,I appreciate that you really took the time for answer my question.I do have a reson why I asked these questions.Will look you up when I finally get to Maricopa.
Flag Mon Apr 16, 2012