Home Buying in North Port>Question Details

Debhazel, Home Buyer in Naples, FL

'towns at lakeside' in northport? is this an ok community. any empty homes and/or are they well built?

Asked by Debhazel, Naples, FL Fri Jun 19, 2009

Answers

6
I live in this community and can not get out fast enough. The board is probably the most intrusive hoa board in North Port. If you have a family with kids and two cars you will NOT be welcomed here and will endlessly get harassed. The board has even hired a rent a cop who will ticked you if you have two cars parked in a shorter driveway! I thank my lucky stsrs that we decided to rent forst to check it ou! I have to stress that I have NEVER had a problem with a single neighbor in my whole life.
Yes they do not want you parking across the sidewalks. They do not want children to have to walk or ride their bikes in the street. We also want it to be safe for those with special needs. I ass u me your garage is to full to park your cars. I guess you did not notice the short driveway when you moved in. There are many places that will check your eyes for you. Next time you move into a home you could read the deed restrictions.
Flag Tue Apr 12, 2016
Hi. We are snowbirds and have a 2 bd in Lakeside plantation and purchased it new in 09. We have found it to be wonderful. Good neighbors, nice unit. We like it so much, we are considering moving to a larger unit or single family in the same neighborhood. We have looked other places, and nothing seems to compare for the money and location. Shopping is great and beaches are only about 20 mins away. We have a great homeowners' association that is well run and we have cash left over from the budget every year, which is unusual during the depressed market that we have gone thru. North Port itself is an up and coming community and was highly rated as one of the best places to live by Forbes. So, if anyone wants to buy our unit, contact us. Then I will send photos, etc. Another thing we love is the community has lots of ponds and small lakes and we have an abundance of birds that land behind the townhome in the marshy area. We just love it here and you will too. Oops, I keep thinking of more things: 1. we do allow dogs on leashes and 2. and leases are for a year minimum.
Is your unit for sale? Please email me at frankum2@gmail.com
Flag Sun Jun 19, 2016
HELLO, I'M PORA, & LOOKING FOR A 2 OR 3 BEDROOM, 2 BATH, ANNUAL RENTAL. IS YOURS FOR RENT. WANTING TO MOVE IN WHILE OUR DAUGHTER IS OUT ON BREAK FROM SCHOOL BETWEEN DEC.20, & Dec.31, 2015; SO THAT SHE CAN START SCHOOL JAN.4, 2016. WE ARE IN TOWN UNTIL SUNDAY DEC.6, 2015. CONTACT ME AT leporab@hotmail.
Flag Fri Dec 4, 2015
Lakeside Plantation is a nice community in North Port, FL. It is a non-gated deed restricted community.

To see more information about Lakeside Plantation, vist their web site at:

http://mylakesideplantation.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 23, 2010

We also live in North Port and have sold and listed many places in Lakeside. Most of the homes were built by Standard Pacific. The people that we have sold to that live in Lakeside all seem to be very pleased. Here's something I wrote about the community.

Lakeside Plantation

If you are looking for a family friendly neighborhood with lots of room for the children to run, play and ride their bikes, you will find it at Lakeside Plantation in North Port, FL. Commuters love this great community since enjoys the convenience of being in North Port, yet it is close to I-75, with quick access to Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Fort Myers, Tampa and Sarasota and where you will find additional services, entertainment and activities. Lovely Plantation Boulevard bisects of the community, enveloped by natural space and lush greenery. Children play on wide neighborhood streets with names like Pecan Drive, Scarlett Avenue and Cottonwood Lane.

Nearby, your family will find many opportunities for exercise and activity – swimming, boating, bicycling, golfing and much more, or you can choose to stay home and play! Lakeside Plantation has its own large, heated community pool, open dawn to dusk daily. The residents of the community also enjoy a club house, a cabana, impressive Har-Tru tennis courts, a library, a meeting room and card room, a playground, a community park, a billiard room, and a fitness facility open 24/7. You can even buy a Lakeside Plantation license plate for your car!

Though Lakeside Plantation is not a golfing community, it is a deed restricted neighborhood with underground utilities, city water and sewer, and wide sidewalks and streetlights for walkers. Lakeside Plantation homeowners association ensures that your lawn is always maintained and neatly trimmed, and the community is beautifully landscaped with indigenous plants and bright flowers. Lakeside Plantation has 649 home sites, many with a lake view. Choose from one-story or two-story homes in a variety of styles. Lakeside Plantation offers 100 carriage homes, 92 villas, 223 town homes and 234 single-family homes.

At Lakeside Plantation, you will find a friendly, kid approved neighborhood, with all the amenities and conveniences of a great Florida resort. Contact us today for more information about the North Port, FL area and the community of Lakeside Plantation.

Roxanne Moore, Realtor
Re/Max Anchor Realty
North Port, FL
941-626-3926
twomoores19@comcast.net

I live in North Port so I may be a little biased when I say that I think that it is a great city. I do not have much personal experience with the "Townes at Lakeside" however I did recently show one of the units that was up for sale to a customer and I have been to the builders open houses when they had them. It is my opinion that they are well built and would have no trouble passing a building inspection. I am sure that there are a few vacant units as there are in most similar communities and I have not heard any complaints about the community. Hope this helps and if I can be of any further assistance, please contact me.

Anne Kyer, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Sunstar Realty
941-255-7286

Anne.Kyer@ColdwellBankerFlorida.com
i am adding to the above question I am relocating from cape cod and don't know community. also, is towns at lakeside construction w/o flags and will they pass inspection. any complaints. is it a good condo associaton if known. thanks for any input