Home Buying in Clearwater>Question Details

jjj3030, Home Buyer in Clearwater, FL

3 small dogs what is my best option home or condo

Asked by jjj3030, Clearwater, FL Sun Jun 24, 2012

Answers

9
Evangeline Pappas’ answer

Your best option would be a house because even condos that allow pets have restrictions on how many (usually one or two) and weight of pet (usually 25 lbs and under).

Vangie Pappas
Pappas Realty & Management Co.
241 Windward Passage
Clearwater, Fl 33767
727-501-3268
vangiepappasrealty@hotmail.com
A condo would have certain rules regarding size, type dog and weight; due to insurance reasons for other residents. A nice back yard for your great pets is best.
I will be happy to find you and your pets a great home.
I can be reached at 727-439-4400
Sandra Sanna
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
With 3 small dogs, your best option is a single family home.
Genevieve Ramachandran
thanks for all the replys i will be relocating to the area within the next 6 months i would prefer to buy than rent i am single in my 30's and thought the townhome route would be my best fit for now but if i have to go single family way than i guess i will look into that as well
Hi jjj3030,

As a few folks have already stated, are you looking at owning or renting! If you are looking at renting I think you are more likely to find a private homeowner to be willing to accept a dog or dogs over a condo owner. If you are looking at buying I think it will really depend on your lifestyle. Are you someone who enjoys having a pool but you don’t like the up keep. Also the yard work that comes with owning a home. Or do you not mind spending time in the yard or cleaning a pool. Although there are a lot of HOA’s out there that are not pet friendly there are also a lot out there that are. When considering a home or a condo you really have to look at what is the lifestyle that you live and what are you willing to do or give up? If you are looking to buy I would suggest that you talk to a few close friends and family members that know your current lifestyle and interview a few agents. Best of luck in your search. If you have any questions I would be happy to help in any way I can.

Jeffery Lonas
Real Estate Consultant
Keller Williams Gulfside realty
727-831-6089
Bob again.

Are you interested in owning or renting? Desired monthly payment?

Townhomes generally have restrictions similar to condominiums to govern the neighborhood........like a single family home with little to no open land (zero lot line) but may have common area owned by all owners.

In rental situation any association rules as well as the landlord's rules must be followed.

Please advise. Bob
i am single and prefer not a home at this point are there any townhomes perhaps in or around clearwater that will allow 3 small dogs
I agree with Mike but also for the reason of condo restrictions usually being more strict that of Home Owners Associations (HOA)....or no HOA at all in some neighborhoods.

Realtor needs to provide you with extra research effort to insure no problems.

Happy to help if you're ready to begin looking. If not, I can set up a custom search to provide a daily update of homes in the local marketplace that meet your requirements.........well priced homes are starting to sell more rapidly and sometimes with multiple offers.

Bob Emerick
Future Home Realty, Inc.
c 727-709-0161
Bob@ForTheHomeBuyer.com
I would think a home...both for the benefit of the dogs as well as yourself! Typically a home would have a yard for the pups, and if fenced, a huge benefit to you. Good luck in your home search!