Home Buying in Downingtown>Question Details

Amy C, Home Buyer in Mount Tabor, NJ

"The Crossing at Bailey Station" and surrounding developments?

Asked by Amy C, Mount Tabor, NJ Fri Feb 5, 2010

Does anyone live there? How is the quality of the construction? Is the neighborhood nice? I notices they make an effort to conserve a lot of the woodland around it, are there walking trails? Also, does anyone know what school system this feeds in to? We are going to look at them fairly soon, but we live 2 hours away and so it can be tough to get out there...

Answers

6
There are other houses in that surrounding area that I would consider before buying in The Crossing at Bailey Station. The problem is it is in the Coatesville Area School District. Check out information on the local school districts (Downingtown Area School District or West Chester Area School District vs Coatesville Area School District) on http://www.greatschools.com and you will see what I mean.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 26, 2010
Hi Amy -

My husband and I are building there. We couldn't be happier about Provident Homes or Matt Bedwell, the builder. His team is excellent and he has been available to us every step of the way. We chose the Barclay model. They are well built, energy efficient homes. There are many walking trails and lots of wooded areas along with lots that have wonderful views. The neighborhood is fabulous and we have met several of our new neighbors already at a Holiday party that the property hosted. It is certainly worth the trip!

We also have an AMAZING real estate agent, LuAnn McHugh with Keller Williams. As first time home buyers, she was there to help us negotiate through every step - very detail oriented. She goes to our property every week to check progress and update us with photos.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 24, 2010
Amy

Yes, there are walking trails. I have attached a plan of the community below. I would be more than happy to assist you with your home search.....email or call me anytime. I highly recommend that you consider a buyer agent to go with you during your new construction previews. Many times, the builders will not allow you to bring in a representative once you have visited on your own. You can check my profile for my credentials and experience with resale and new construction properties. Hope to hear from you!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 5, 2010
Hello Amy,

The Crossing at Bailey Station is built on the side and top of a ridge that overlooks the valley between Downingtown and Coatesville. There are some lots there with beautiful views. There are also walking trails in the community and local parks within a short distance. The location is very convenient to shopping, major highways, and everything you need.

The Crossing at Bailey Station is in the Coatesville School District. I recommend checking out the school district's statistics but not basing your decision soley on the data. Talk to some people who have kids in the schools. And if school districts are a concern to you, Chester County is full of good public school systems and alternative solutions for your child's education.

Here is a link about the community http://www.americanhomeguides.com/community/HPC-149607.html and this is a link to the builder's website http://www.providenthome.com/communities/profile.asp?CID=1391

If you need more information or a personal tour of the area please contact us at wileyrealestate@comcast.net or 610-812-8691 and we will be glad to accomodate you.

Have a great day!

Craig & Gina Wiley, REALTORS®
Coldwell Banker Preferred - Exton
390 Waterloo Blvd, Suite 101
Exton, Pa 19341
Office: 610-363-6006
Direct: 484-881-6066
Email: wileyrealestate@comcast.net
*Coldwell Banker Preferred ranks #1 in Pennsylvania and #7 Internationally among 1,268 Coldwell Banker companies.

*Coldwell Banker Preferred was named to the top 1% of all Realogy real estate companies nationwide (Coldwell Banker, Century 21, ERA and Sotheby’s International franchises)

*Coldwell Banker Preferred was honored as the winner of the prestigious 2007 CARTUS MASTERS CUP for the highest overall performance & service delivery in Corporate Relocation in the Nation's leading broker relocation network.

*Coldwell Banker was named the top ranked real estate franchise for the 9th year in a row by Franchise Times.
Amy,

I have to find out about the walking trails. I believe my daughter's friends purchased in the same community and they love it. It is the Coatesville school district. I will get back to you about the walking trails. I will get back to you shortly. Do you have an agent representing you? It is very important that you do. I will get back in touch.

Vicky Davis
RE/MAX Main Line
I do not have anything negative to say about the development, construction, etc. It is Coatesville School District. Please contact me at 610-570-5864 to discuss further, thanks.