Home Buying in Claremont>Question Details

Shawn, Home Buyer in California

20% down, over 700 credit, why can't I find anything besides short sales?

Asked by Shawn, California Sat Aug 9, 2008

I have 20% down and my wife and i have strong credit. All we wish to do is buy in Claremont without having to wait weeks upon weeks to hear from a bank. We just want to buy a house. How can we avoid the short sale/bank owned hassels?

Answers

8
Sylvia Barry, MAS, CIPS, SRES’s answer
Bank owned should not require months/months wait. For normal sales, look for one that has been on the market for a while, in a good location, fits most of your condition, does not have to be perfect (where it has good bones but may need cosmetic upgrade), then go in and make a reasonable lower offer that fits the current market condition.

We do hear sellers who do not want to lower price wonder why people just don't come in and make an offer. So, you should just do that to get started - but do it nicely without insulting the owners.

Sylvi
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 9, 2008
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Novato, CA
Shawn
You have some very good answers. I would add my two cents:
1. In most markets there are fewer short sales and REOs than you might think. The price points hit hardest are entry level housing types, like condos, townhomes, and smaller homes.
2. It sounds to me as though you have great qualifications. Which leads me to believe that you are frustrated with unmet expectations. That means to me that it might be helpful to interview some Realtors about representing you in the purchase of your home and develop a strategy to your purchase.

If you need a referral for a particular area, I would be happy to recommend a Realtor that can sit down and help you analyze your needs and wants.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Hi Shawn, I'm your mortgage consultant for Life! John (JP) Parrilla 909 641-8292 with Golden Horizon mortgage in RC: 909 944-1087 ext 101. Email: JPhomeloan@msn.com

First things first! The process of course is that we can have you pre-approved before you make the offer on any property. This will enable the accepting offer to be acceptted with a qualified buyer.

The time table will normally be within 30 days. I have close some tranactions in 12 days! So if you want to move fast, give me a call!

Another item: if you are putting 20% down there is no MI on the new mortgage and this helps the process of getting the approval.

This is the best time to because we are in a buyers market!!!!!
Mr. John (JP) Parrilla

7365 Carnelian Street, Suite 241

Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

Ph 909 944-1087 ext 107

Direct 909 641-82192

Fax 909 941-4983
Wow...really? I'm sure we can help you..If I can't..someone qualified from my offices CAN!
Shawn!!!!

Just need to ask upfront if reo or short sale..... the agent can do this I I always ask first....... email or call me and I will assist you

Just to let you know I am also a State Licensed Real Estate Appraiser since 1988, I specialize in evaluating square footage or permitted areas which directly affect the value. In addition to my Real estate duties I provide these services also which you can check out on my website ( http://www.centuryside.com )

Here is my contact info which I can be reached easily via email or phone. Thanks for the opportunity.

David Krecker, BSBA, SRA, MRA
Centuryside Real Estate Inc.
David Krecker
Broker/Owner/State License Appraiser
Office 562-690-6987
Fax: 562-690-7337
Serving the areas of Orange County, Los Angeles County, San Bernardino, and Riverside.

Email: dave@centuryside.com
Website: http://www.centuryside.com
Web Reference: http://www.centuryside.com
Hi Shawn,
Certainly there are other homes in Claremont that are not short sales. I currently have a lovely home listed in Claremont for $510,000 that is not a short sale.

What is your price range Shawn? Have you spoken with your agent to tell him/her what you are looking for and that you do not want short sales? Bank REO or real estate owned properties are not the same as short sales. These homes have already been foreclosed upon and are just waiting to be purchased. Some are super great deals.

If you need help Shawn finding a home, I am available to help you and your wife. Please email me at calljoan4homes@aol.com or call me and I can send you homes via the internet that are not short sales in your price range.

Just let me know how I can help you!

Joan Patterson, B.A., A.S.P., G.R.I., Realtor
8250 White Oak Avenue, Ste 102
Rancho Cucmamonga, CA 91730
951-204-1864
http://www.calljoan4homes.com
Hi Shawn,

Here in Claremont there are currently 104 properties available for sale. Of these, 84 are NOT Short Sales, Bank Owned, or in Foreclosure. These properties range in price from $284,950 to $3,000,000. So, depending upon what price range you are looking in there should be something of possible interest for you.

In this community Short Sales and REO's are the exception, not the rule. Also, purchasing a bank owned home is usually not something you have to wait weeks and weeks to do. As for Short Sales, if you are working with an experienced agent who is well versed in these type of sales, although they may take longer to complete than a traditional sale, they can and, in my case, usually do end with my buyer's as happy owners and my sellers relieved of their burden.

If you are working with an agent who is attentive to your wants and needs, and who pays attention not only to what you say, but also to what you don't say, then they should be able to help you find the home that will work for your family.

I would be happy to offer up my services, unless of course you are currently under contract to another Realtor, as your best Claremont resource. Please feel free to either give me a call, or drop me a line via Trulia or my personal website below, at your convenience to see if I can be of assistance.

This is a great community to live in (and I should know as this is where I live and where my hubby grew up and chose to move back to) and I sincerely hope that even if I am not the person given the chance to help you both make your home-owning dreams come true, they will still come true here in this wonderful place.

Take care and have a wonderful day!

Tisza Major-Posner, Realtor, IVPG Realty (909) 837-8922
Web Reference: http://Route66Living.com
Shawn, please do not confuse short sales with bank owned REO's . It is the short sales where you have to wait weeks to hear the answer. Bank owned Houses , you will get a response within 3 to 5 days on average and often within 48 hours.
However, the banks are anti consumer and will counteroffer with inflexible terms that you will be uncomfortable with. If you cannot get a sizable discount for dealing with the unpleasantness of a bank and the deferred maintenance (dead lawns, tall weeds, dirty carpets, dry rotted wood, cracked windows, etc. etc.) then you may prefer paying a few cents more and buy from a regular person with equity, who maintained their home.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA