Home Buying in West Haven>Question Details

Lionelthull, Home Buyer in

654 credit score

Asked by Lionelthull, Wed Jul 4, 2012

Is 654 credit score good enough to purchase a home

Answers

6
Score alone is not the deciding factor. What is reflecting on the credit? Have you had a prior foreclosure, bankruptcy or are there any collection accounts or judgments on your report? Most lenders will require a minimum of a 640 credit score but that is if it's clean. If there are issues with credit, they will have to be dealt with and it doesn't necessarily mean you won't qualify for a mortgage. If you want to get pre approved, give me a call!
Excellent!! I live in West Haven as well where are you looking to live?
My suggestion is to contact Justin from Mortgage Masters (860-426-9677) or email him at jhardgrove@mortgagemasterinc.com. Get a pre-approval and then contact me to see some properties. In the meantime, click the link below to sign up for property alerts that meet your criteria. Talk soon!
Yes i live in West Haven ct
That seems about right. It will depend on other things as well such as how recent your delinquencies, etc. are. I've got a few awesome brokers that will certainly be able to get you going. Contact me at any time.
A lot of mortgage lenders now require 640 as a minimum credit score. Are you located in CT?