Home Buying in New York>Question Details

SBNY94, Home Buyer in New York, NY

4 and a half month ago, I signed a contract on an apt owned by Fannie Mae in a HDFC building in Manhattan. It is been an nightmare since.

Asked by SBNY94, New York, NY Tue Jan 8, 2013

Fannie Mae needs to bring to the closing 56,000 dollars to the closing which includes 46,000 in Flip tax the rest in late Maintenance they haven't paid to the building. We are in our fourth contract extension and can't get a closing date from Fannie Mae. A true Nightmare. It seems that they cannot get the clearance for that amount. We obtained an extension from my bank of 30 days but it is expiring the 18th. What should we do next? We are lost and frustrated.... since no one except a paralegal from their lawyers is answering us with the same answer: "I didn't get a clearance for the amount yet".

Answers

3
Your and their attorneys should speak and push it through. Delays happen, they do need clearance to close but an experienced attorney should be able to find out what exactly is holding it back and work out a solution.
I agree with you... I guess I need a new lawyer. Thank you.
Flag Tue Jan 8, 2013
Anna is right.

Please contact your Attorney for the best advices on what to do.
Your attorney can better advise, consider a consultation; don't just rely on online information...
Thank you. The problem is my attorney is not a good one and is not aggressive for this kind of situation. I don't have the time luxury to change attorney... Did you ever be in a situation like that with Fannie Mae?
Flag Tue Jan 8, 2013