Martylup, Home Buyer in 11590

478 West 158 street in Washington Heights - What's Up?

Asked by Martylup, 11590 Tue Jun 10, 2008

So I'm looking at the listings for Coops & Condos in Washington Heights and I saw at least 4 or 5 different listings for the same building 478 W 158 street. Should I be concerned that so many apartments are for sale in the same building?

Also some of the different listings with the different agents are for different amounts for the same apartment?

Some of the listings say all cash and/or status in contract?

Marty

Answers

4
Marty,

I'm not sure which data base you're using. Some of them could be old listings, but with NYC, it's difficult to know because there isn't a centralized data base for real estate listings. I've done a quick search of one data base and it shows only 3 active listings and 1 listing that is temporarily off the market.

More than likely, the data base you're reviewing takes info from different broker web sites, who may or may not choose to update their listings. Perhaps it's a glitch...

Whether you should be concerned at the amount of active listings... I wouldn't be. Spring and summer naturally see an increase in the volume of the listings on the market. Real estate is seasonal, after all. I wouldn't worry about the # of listings. Your real estate attorney will conduct a review of the buildings financials. They'll tell you when it's time to worry.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 10, 2008
Hi there, I'm exclusive agent at Roger Morris Apt; Leif Johansson | Barak Realty.

I'm handling all of the sponsor units not the re-sales @ Roger Morris.

Pls let me know which apartments that are listed w/ different agents.

The following sponsor units are available:
Apt # 1 474 West 158 St--Listed with me---available
Apt # 1 478 West 158 St--Listed with me--available
Apt # 53 474 West 158 St--Listed with me--accepted offer
Apt # 33 478 West 158 St--Listed with me--in contract

If any of these units are listed w/ another agent please contact me @ 347 244 1620 or
leif@barakny.com.

I'm not sure what you mean with "all cash" and/or status in contract.

If a contract is out it will indicate on all real estate sites. This information is of value to
buyers/sellers alike...

Pls keep in mind that all of the sites used by the public is simply information channeled
through a multi listing agency....agent is feeding this info not a third party...

If you are a buyer please consult with an agent this will save you time and money.

In the event that anyone has any questions regarding the best deal in town
@ Roger Morris Apts call me at 347 244 1620 or e mail me @ leif@barakny.com

A none HDFC, healthy financial Co-Op that is looking for a few good owners....

Don't wait contact me today or attend my open house tomorrow Sunday
(June 7th) bet 12noon-1:30pm.

Leif Johansson
Agent-Barak Realty
347 244 1620
leif@barakny.com
Web Reference: http://www.barakny.com
A deal can fall through even under contract for various reason, so brokers do not take the listing off the website until it has completely closed.
Why would a broker continue to list a property in contract? When I go to the broker's web-site I see the apartment listed but with a note that it is in contract?

Marty