Home Buying in Pelican>Question Details

Dewrob, Home Buyer in Pelican, Cape Coral,...

234 Southwest 28th Terrace, Cape Coral FL 33914....Is this a bad area? looking for a nice community to retire in. Shopping, returaunts?

Asked by Dewrob, Pelican, Cape Coral, FL Sat Jun 4, 2011

Answers

16
prt7508’s answer
We have a single family home in NE Cape Coral. Its a 3/4 bedroom ,2 bath, over sized pool with a fenced in back yard . its a nice and quite community . We anticipate selling the house August 1,2013.
The anticipated selling price is $164,500.. We don't anticipate using a listing agent but are willing to pay the normal commission to the real estate agent (if used) to purchase . This house was built in 2006 with an over sized pool added in 2010. The privacy fence was added in 2011
There is no homes on either side of us ,plus no homes directly in back. As in the Cape, driving within 10 minutes , you have access to shopping and a variety of different restaurants .
Should this property be of interest , please feel free to contact us at prt7508@aol.com. for further discussion.
It's in a convenient location. But that something you'd have to decide for yourself. I think the home itself and the features it offers are most important. Good neighbors and bad neighbors are in every neighborhood! You could buy in the most upscale area and still live next to the Adams Family.(lol)

Search the latest listings thru my website!
Have the advantage of searching like a Pro !
Just sign up for a listingbook account on the front page of my site, you'll receive the latest listing sent to your inbox!
I"m a buyers agent I work for you! The listing agent works fo the seller !
No tricks ,No gimmicks, No harassing phone calls.
You tell me when you're ready !!!!

Best regards ,
Susan Callahan, ABR, CNS
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate LLC
CELL: 239-896-6342
7205 Estero Blvd # 724 Fort Myers Beach, FL. 33931
E-Mail: Agent4lee@aol.com
http://www.AGENT4LEECOUNTYFL.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 4, 2011
Hi Dewab,

The "Pelican" area is a fantastic area! You are close to downtown Cape Coral and minutes to the bridge taking you into Fort Myers. The Cape itself is a great place to live and is the 2nd safest city in all of Florida.

Have you sold your home and are you ready to purchase? I live in Cape Coral myself and would be more than happy to assist you in your search. Should you desire, please contact me at capecoralforsale@gmail.com

Teri Zanella, Realtor
239-240-1366
capecoralforsale@gmail.com
http://www.capecoralfamilyhomes.com

Gulf Coast Realty • 4002 Del Prado Blvd • Cape Coral, FL 33904
I actually grew up on that street as a little boy. Its a nice neighborhood....as good as any in Cape Coral. It has become a really convenient location as well with Veterans PKWY and all of the shopping that has been built near there. Before you buy anything, spend a little time around your targeted house during the day and in the evening. Get out and walk around. What seems like a quiet area during the day, could be the opposite in the evening. I've known people who have looked during the say, buy a home, and then find out the guy across the street has parties every night, and the guy nextdoor works on his motorcycles in the evening with his music blaring. Some people have dogs they keep inside during the day, who bark all evening.

If you are needing financing, dont underestimate the power of having a seasoned mortgage professional on your side. I have no homes to show you, so I can give you unbiased, solid information so you can shop smart and prepared. 3.5% is the average interest rate right now for a 30 year fixed rate conventional mortgage.

It would be my pleasure to help you understand mortgage financing, and how to secure the lowest interest rate and closing costs. I feel it’s my duty and privilege to help you understand the entire transaction from A to Z, including how the bond market works, how the age of a roof could raise your monthly insurance payment considerably, flood zones, assessments, taxes, etc. I offer clearly defined options, and let the consumer choose what program fits their needs best. Then, I go to work for you. Shop smart and empowered. Ask me for a free written quote, and shop for a home with a solid pre-approval in hand. While my colleagues spend endless hours marketing for new agents and clients, passing out free doughnuts and pens, I am busy working to close your loan quickly, with no delays or surprises. My career depends on happy client referrals.
Robert Guth
Federally licensed Mortgage Expert
NMLS# 325469
Over a decade of experience, with award winning customer service.
239-770-6741
Life time Cape Coral resident and an advocate for home buyer's rights.
7: SW Florida Retirees Can Shop til They Drop

As a retiree, you may find yourself busy with volunteering, hobbies, cooking, crafts, entertaining, relaxing and making new friends. But for some, the best “hobby” of all time is…shopping. Lucky for retirees in Cape Coral, this area is a mecca for shopping enthusiasts.

Gulf Coast Town Center – This is a destination shopping mall featuring national retailers. This outdoor mall currently has over 100 stores and restaurants on 200 acres, with even more scheduled to open.

Tanger Outlets – If you’re headed to the beach or coming back from a trip to Sanibel, you’ll be close to the Tanger Outlets. This mall has more than 30 upscale designer outlets and brand name manufacturers like Brooks Brothers, Bon Worth, Coldwater Creek, Lane Bryant, and more.

Miromar Outlets – This is another outlet store, located further south in Estero. This larger mall has over 140 stores, as well as lots of tasty restaurants if you need to refuel during your shopping excursion.

Bell Tower Shops – This open air shopping plaza is best known for being a great place to shop or have a nice dinner before or after seeing a movie at the Regal Cinemas. The Bell Tower Shops are conveniently located on Daniels Parkway and U.S. 41. This mall hosts many special events, like Yappy Hour for dogs, live music concert series at the fountain, and several charity events. Notable retailers in the Bell Tower include Brookstone, Chico’s, Clarks, Draper’s and Damon’s, and Soma
Intimates. There are also some amazing restaurants, including Blue Pointe Seafood, Cru,
Bistro 41, Grimaldi’s Pizzaria, and Da Ru Ma Japenese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar.

In central and downtown Fort Myers, shoppers can browse traditional retailers like Sears and
J.C. Penny’s in the Edison Mall or visit boutiques and antique shops in downtown Fort Myers. The Franklin Shops on First Street is home to many cute and quirky independently owned shops that specialize in unique gifts, art, and clothing.

If you’re looking for a good bargain, you could try the nearby Fleamasters Fleamarket, which features over 900 booths that feature one-of-a-kind merchandise.

Cape Coral residents don’t have to travel far to get to Coralwood Shopping Center, which is located in Cape Coral on Del Prado just north of the Midpoint Bridge.

Top 12 Reasons to Retire in Cape Coral, Florida
Learn more by visiting http://www.AckermanSWFL.com or calling (239) 565-7867.
Copyright © 2011. AJ Ackerman & Associates. All Rights Reserved.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
SW Cape Coral is a great area. Many of my clients find it to be the most desirable area of the Cape. It is convenient to shopping, marinas, restaraunts, etc.

Please call or email me with any questions and I would love the opprtunity to apply for the job as your realtor.

Steve Geving
Jones and Co Realty
239-573-1400
stevegeving@hotmail.com
swflhomeresource.com
dewrob,

Southwest Cape is great area of Cape...many retires call that home...why, closest to Gulf, Good selection of shops, great schools (if kids w/ grand kids will be following, happens a lot), easy access to all major roadways through the cape, oh and great parks to spend time in. Most likely you are looking for waterfront down there....great values right now. if you need a personal tour, let me know we'd be happy to take you out in the boat. If you want to search all the waterfront homes...here is a link to a complete MLS search. http://www.house-guy.com/index.cfm/Cape_Coral_Waterfront

I look forward to hearing from you.
Justin Ruzicka
Just Right Realty Company, Family owned and operated since '05.
Email: Justin@jrrc1.com
Sorry that one is under agreement, here is a resource to look at other active foreclosure listings in Cape Coral: http://www.greaterftmyers.com/cape-coral-foreclosures.php

Good luck with your search!
Dewrob, it's a great area! Call me for more info. 239-707-9015
Dewrob,

If you are looking to by in Cape Coral do not rely on outdated information on the web. My MLS search is updated every day at 3:00am. Also, I offer buyers up to 50% COMMISSION REBATES at closing! Find that with any other local broker. So you can deal directly with a broker and earn thousands to help cover your expenses. Call me anytime!

Capt. Shawn O'Brien GRI REOS
Broker/President
Mariner Realty Group, Inc.
239.989.3220
shawn@4capecoral.com
http://www.4capecoral.com
Web Reference: http://www.4capecoral.com
Hi there Dewrob,
This particular home is under contract however if you visit the website below you will be able to have up to the minute information on homes listed on the FL Gulf Coast MLS at your fingertips. The system will also update you daily and I would be happy to help you with your focus areas based on your search criteria.

Cape Coral is rated as the 2nd LOWEST IN CRIME in the state. All areas have plenty of restaurants and shopping centers.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
ALLIANCE REALTY GROUP
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2011" By Gulfshore Life Magazine
Email: sarahgarrett@argfl.com
Website for MLS Access:
Hello Dewrob,

This home is a foreclosure sale, an older home in the sw cape, mostly 80, 90 and newer built homes in this area, on city water and sewer which is a plus; probably does have an assessment balance-just like the rest of us. This area is close to shopping, restaurants, schools and parks.

Have you been down to this area before? Without knowing a great deal of your criteria except what is mentioned above, I would suggest that the SW and NW would be a good start for you to research. Popular roads in desired neighborhoods would be Oasis, Surfside, Beach Pkwy, Agualinda, Ceitus, El Dorado.

Maybe start with researching these two areas so that you are not so overwhelmed with all of the Cape. I would highly recommend a visit to see the area, drive around, look at different quadrants of the Cape and even consider a communities in Fort Myers too.

When you are ready to move forward with choosing a local Realtor, I would be happy to help.

Best of Luck to you.

Debbie Stack
239-677-7186
dstack@sunshinerealtyofswfl.com
That home looked like it was a great price but add $20,000 to the price for unpaid impact fees and assessments for the utilities. Looks like it might not have been hooked up which means the new owner will be responsible for paying the plumber too. If it looks too good to be true, it usually is!
Cape Coral is a very nice community. We are # 2 in the State for low crime. We are just across the River from Fort Myers. Yes we have shopping and plenty of restaurants plus plenty of clubs to join. When you arrive and get located be sure to join the New Residents Club. The club will help you find plenty of new friends and activites. Also Cape Coral has over 400 miles of canals, a beach, a yacht club, a water parks and plenty of weekend festivals plus a farmers market.

Let us show you the homes currently on the market.
Unfortunately this home went under contract yesterday with multiple offers. Nice neighborhood in the SE off of Santa Barbara Blvd.

Julie Kubic
Century 21 Sunbelt Realty, Inc
725 Cape Coral Pkwy W
Cape Coral, FL 33914
Fax: 866-616-2125
jjkubic@embarqmail.com

Search like a Realtor…click the link below for your FREE Listingbook account!
http://juliekubic.listingbook.com
Any area in the 33914 zip code is a GREAT area. Most homes are newer, there is alot of shopping, restaurants, marinas. The cape is growing in leaps and bounds in the Southwest quadrant.
Carolyn Giandonato, Realtor
Sellstate Priority Realty
239-243-4082