Home Buying in Rockford>Question Details

Casey Norrid, Home Buyer in Delano, MN

"Shared well and septic is non-compliant". Is this a big issue? How expensive is it to fix?

Asked by Casey Norrid, Delano, MN Fri May 3, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3061917291-3627-Halsey-Ave-SE…

Answers

2
Casey - that's going to be an issue. Where this house sits (I know it well) is in a location where Wright County has what they call "point of sale" - the septic must comply or title can not be transferred. There are some ways to extend a timeline to be fixed etc - if you need anymore help please feel free to call me 612-282-7653.
It could be expensive, but there are many ways to accomplish your girls to make a compliant water and sewer connection, Your real estate agent will help you find out exactly what would be required and when and what municipal, county and state options are available. In many of our areas, people were allowed to build without city sewer and water, but in recent times, most municipalities have required sewer and water connections, if available, or code compliant private sewer and water systems. must be installed and working when a property has been sold and before the transaction can be closed In some cases, however, the seller escrows an estimated amount of money with the understanding that as soon as the work is finished and inspected, the contractor is paid and any remaining funds are remitted back to the seller. If you or your agent need help of more information, feel free to call or email me. Good luck! Liz, 612-986-4105