Home Buying in Turtle Rock>Question Details

Ahmadi, Home Buyer in Turtle Rock, Irvine,...

5 Rocky Glen, Irvine, CA includes attic in total sq.f., one vertical attic wall is less than 2 feet, entrance by closet, is it living space?

Asked by Ahmadi, Turtle Rock, Irvine, CA Mon Jun 27, 2011

permit only to access the attic opening a door

Answers

9
The home was appraised December 2010 at 2157 square feet; the space above the garage was included in the appraisal. This "space" exists in EVERY unit with the same floor plan in this community. This particular unit space has TWO doors; an entrance from the master bedroom and an additional door which exits to a balcony as well as a window opposite (the latter two were permitted by the City of Irvine in 1988 --- 23 YEARS AGO). This has NEVER been advertised as a bedroom; simply as additional office space as it is also dry-walled and has recessed lighting.
Since property tax records show this property with 2100 SF interior, it's possible that owner's got a building permit for the change of use there. That can be determined for certain by looking at the pulled building permits for this property at the City of Irvine offices.

Harrison K. Long, GRI, Realtor and broker, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, Irvine, CA
949-701-2515
DRE 01410855
Web Reference: http://www.LiveAtIrvine.com
Hello ahmadi, Attic and garage is never apart of the living space of a home. If the has been remodeled and permitted that would possible reflect more space. Want to see the homes? How else can I help you? Ingrid Ski Realtor
Good morning,
It isn't considered a room. Room is defined as having window and closet. Let me know if you have more questions or would like to see different models.
Have a good day,
Fran Vafaie,
Irvine specialist
Remax 929 4908
Web Reference: http://www.fran_realtor
Hello Ahmadi,

No, it is not living space. If you would like more detail and to schedule a showing - I would be happy to schedule a showing. I look forward to your reply,

Warm Regards,
Hi Ahmadi,
No, it is not consider living space. Per tax records, the home is 2100 sq ft. It's a standard sale on the market 45 days (as of 6/27).

This home is available for showing by appointment if you'd like to take a look.
Cheers!
I agree the answer is no because habital space according to code is 6 feet 8 inches I believe. But speak to a home inspector and they will shed the light on that as well. Since I live in Irvine let me know when you would like to see the property. Chad Pape-949.394.8971
Hi Ahmadi,
No, to answer your question. Additional amenities include: upstairs office/bonus room. If you would like to see the property, please call on me for a showing.