Home Buying in Lakeside>Question Details

Dodis79, Home Buyer in Kingman, AZ

9832 River Street, Lakeside CA 92040 says it was bult in 2003? Are you sure it was not 1895?

Asked by Dodis79, Kingman, AZ Thu Apr 12, 2012

How can this house say it was bult in 2003? My dad grew up in this house and our family sold it in 2003. This house was one of the oldest home in Lakeside, and I beleave it was 1895 or 1897 was the year. I have lots of photos of this house way back in 1940 and up to 2003. I dont understand the listing.

Answers

3
I would love to see some before and after pix of your late home. One of my sons specializes in rehabbing, restoration and remodeling vintage homes and my daughter does very upscale interior design on all vintages of homes.

http://www.chadofalltraces.com
http://www.intimatelivinginteriors.com
Dodis79,

I think Mary has a great response! I'd like to suggest you send some of your photos to either the Lakeside Historical Society or the Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber's email is Chamber@LakesideCA, and both the Chamber and the Historical Society have their own Facebook pages - you might enjoy some of the old photos on the latter.

The Western Days Parade and Rodeo are next weekend, if you happen to have any old photos of either of these events, those would be great to see as well! My parents also own a home in Lakeside built in the late 1800s.

Mike Anderson
Mike, It's great that your comment goes even further to provide local Lakeside information to Dodos79 about the older homes in there and how she can find out even more if she wants to. It would be cool if Dodis79 can provide some older photos of the home and other things in Lakeside.
Flag Fri Apr 13, 2012
Hello Dodis79,
The tax records indicate that the home was built in 1903, but it was apparently extensively remodeled in or around 2003, so its effective year built is 2003. It was sold in June 2011 for $252,000, according to Realist tax records. Sometimes even the Realist tax info is incorrect - there may have been insufficient or incorrect record keeping when the deed was originally recorded or sometimes there are typographical errors in the databases.

It is on a large lot in what appears to be an area with mixed zoning. There seems to be a lot of value in the land in the area.

Also, some websites that are called "aggregators" or "syndicators" don't or can't publish all the data on a home on the market. What is relevant to a buyer is that the home is not in 1903 condition, but has been upgraded.
It must be interesting to see information about a home that has been in your family for so long and to see how it and the neighborhood may have changed.
If I can help you with any other questions, please let me know.
MaryLawler, Realtor
mlawler@realtyexecutives-sd.com
http://www.MaryLawler.com