AIJ2009, Home Buyer in Great Neck, NY

19 Potters Lane in Great Neck, NY - bad street?

Asked by AIJ2009, Great Neck, NY Tue Jul 28, 2009

I like the house. It's new construction but has been on the market for a very long time. I am not very familiar with Great Neck, but have heard that Steamboat Rd is not a good area. Potters Lane is off of Steamboat Rd. But, it is right next to Kings Point - which is considered good neighborhood. So what are the pros and cons? The house was valued for around $1.3xM by the county tax assessors. What do you guys think?

Answers

4
If you are considering purchasing it's time to check out the area yourself; drive around the vicinity and look at the neighbors, shops, transportation, dine at a local eatery, if you are concerned about safety visit the local police department and ask away, etc. then make your decision; after all you are the one making the decision to purchase or not to purchase and it's your opinion that matters most.

Anna
917-576-5376
abrocco@laffey.com
Best bet is to call me tomorrow (actually today!) and let's talk. I can run some comps (comparable sales) for you and you can make an informed decision on an offer price. You can reach me directly by phone at (516)410-3594, at the office (516)621-6300 x 205 or by email at Arlynn@ArlynnPalmer.com. Best time to reach me tomorrow is after 10:30 AM.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Regards and have a good night,
Arlynn

Arlynn B. Palmer, ESQ, SRES, CBR, CMS, CNS
Licensed Associate Broker, REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Claire Sobel
(516)410-3594
Arlynn@ArlynnPalmer.com
Web Reference: http://www.ArlynnPalmer.com
Thank you Arlynn for your answer. I have seen it at an open house. Do you think an offer of $1.1 for this house would be unreasonable? Asking price is $1.59M. Current zillow.com value is $975 due to surrounding area sale values and it being off of steamboat rd.
Hi AIJ2009,

Potters Lane is in Great Neck North - adjacent to Kings Point and not too far from a beautiful park on the water and the Merchant Marine Accademy. There is a combination of both old and new construction in the area and it is walking distance to several houses of worship.

As for the assessment - home prices have been adjusting downward for the past couple of years. Please keep in mind that the county assessors value homes 2 years in advance, so the value currently assessed was more than likely computed as of January 2007.

If you would like to see both this particular house and its surrounding neighborhood as well as other homes in Great Neck or any other neighborhood, please contact me directly by phone at (516)410-3594 or by email at Arlynn@ArlynnPalmer.com.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon, meeting you and assisting you in the purchase of your new home. If you have a house you will be selling, I can assist you with that transaction as well to assure that both your sale and purchase proceed in a timely and smooth manner.

In the meantime, please visit my website at http://www.ArlynnPalmer.com where you will find FREE Buyer and Seller Reports, FREE School and Neighborhood Reports, my Monthly Newsletter and other valuable real estate information.

Arlynn

Licensed Associate Broker, REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Claire Sobel
(516)410-3594
Arlynn@ArlynnPalmer.com