Home Buying in Novato>Question Details

Mnamos, Home Buyer in Novato, CA

33 Piper Ct

Asked by Mnamos, Novato, CA Mon Jul 4, 2011

Why is 33 Piper Ct in Novato priced so high and is not selling? Just wondering. I looked at it several months ago and it is still sitting there.

Answers

5
33 Piper Court was taken off the market but came back on market June 22, 2012. Still active.

However, I presume you have found other properties by now?

http://norcalmls.rapmls.com/scripts/mgrqispi.dll?APPNAME=Bar…

Sylvia
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Novato, CA
Some Sellers believe that they can put up a HIGH price and people will either pay it, or make an offer:

We try to tell them that that won't work.

A good case in point.
A good real case to learn what the real estate principle of progression and regression means
Hello Home Buyer,
I agree with RealtyChick about being such a beautiful home. Agents need to ask for a 5 to 10% reduction and then see what happens. 250 days on the market gets pretty stale. Having that Cottage on the property is a great sell, I have clients would love a in-law unit if priced correctly. Sellers bought the home in 1992 for 460k and 200k down. They don't want to sell.
all the best,
Mark
It's interesting because it's a beautiful property, the kitchen and baths are all remodeled, and it has a detached 1 bedroom, 1 bath cottage. But parts of it are dated - see the fireplace in the photos. It just goes to show how crazy this market is. This is an opportunity at a somewhat lower price...