Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

Harold Jensen, Other/Just Looking in Atlanta, GA

"Ovation" condo's in Buckhead, any opinions? Old "Streets of Buckhead" construction back underway....how good is the property management?

Asked by Harold Jensen, Atlanta, GA Sun Aug 19, 2012

Answers

6
I gave Tony and Beppy thumbs ups - your questions require street by street, face to face work.

My questions for initial conversation:

1. are you a condo buyer?

2. what has been your experience with purchasing condos?

3. who and / or what concerns you about Ovation?

4. if you are a buyer, then what exactly are you seeking to buy?

5. if you are not a buyer, then what are your specific concerns?
Harold... what is there to say about Ovation?

I think you need to tour Atlanta's condominiums.
If Buckhead is your ideal spot, you have a lot of choices.
So many of the condos, like ovation are very similar with similar floor plans.
One development group in particular is responsible for building MANY of those similar-feeling condos.

One of the big differences in the buildings is going to simply be their location (what you can walk to) and their amenities.

I could write on for days... but I won't.
There is a lot to explore in Atlanta's world of condominiums and it could make your head spin.

If you don't have an agent yet, it's a good time to get one.

Feel free to call, text or e-mail me any time:

Tony Teixeira
770-851-5050 (CELL)
404-478-8512 (E-FAX)
tony@muffleyhomes.com
tonysellsatlanta@gmail.com

Muffley & Associates
2011 Top Selling Group in Atlanta
Top 5% ABR 2004-2011
ABR, CRS, RCC, CBR, E-Pro, REO Certified CDPE (Certifed Distressed/Foreclsoure Property Expert) Certified Luxury Marketing Specialist, Who's Who in Luxury Real Estate http://www.muffleyhomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 19, 2012
Hi Mr. Jensen, thank you for your inquiry on Ovation in Buckhead. A modern multi-story high rise,
it has many favorable features and amenities. Inquiring for yourself? I would be pleased to address any questions you might have. I would also be pleased to work with w/you if you don't already have
a buyer's agreement w/another agent.

Re: Buckhead Atlanta (formerly Streets of Buckhead), this link, though a few months old, is an informative article about this project:

http://www.reporternewspapers.net/2012/03/23/buckhead-atlant…

My contact information is below. I look forward to your reply and to helping you!

Again, Thank You.

Sincerely

Elizabeth 'Beppy' Walton
Keller Williams
C/404 234 9418
beppyswalton@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 19, 2012
Beppy, here is a better "Hype Video" (you know the term right?)--Usually used in Sports (NIKE ads)--etx. Just to get you emotiona.l and riled up to cheer your team on! :-)

http://www.buckhead-atl.com/video.php
Flag Mon Dec 10, 2012
@Bobby---BE ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY SURE....you check the reserve funds and meeting minutes...before, Rules/Regulations (Any Good Agent will remind you of this)...However OV--last look had about $1MM reserve fund---thinking last into next millenium.
Bobby, don't forget to watch the "HYPE" video of what you'll be directly across the street from with Ovation.*Grin* You know the term right?--Usually used in Sports (NIKE ads)--etx. Just to get you emotional and riled up to cheer your team on! :-)

http://www.buckhead-atl.com/video.php
As a Resi: I can attest Great Management.. The Umbrella Property Association well respected.

Easy access in and out *Traffic Lights* right at exit to gain access to Peachtree.
Walking distance to 5 of 6 "Buckhead Life Group" restaurants.

Plus social activities provided by MGMT. For Christmas, have rented out Seasons 52, open Bar, Jazz, etc. Absolutely ZERO problems with noise, etc. If you are not an animal person. ZERO problems with Dogs, etc. (have the freight elevator they must take).

I have experienced zero problems (very well manufactured homes)-. ie. not an apartment/condo conversion. Thus my largest power bill has been about $49 (in summer)---vs. $150+ back when I Lived in Apartments.

Well taken care of. At least once every 2-3 months See someone steam vacuuming carpeted floors.
10-feet tall Doors, 14-foot Ceilings. Floor to Ceiling Windows. Well crafted Alliances./Kitchen Doors/trim, etc.

Whatever you do, stay away from Eclipse, "Allegedly" It's going down hill FAST!--
For fear of getting sued, should put "Allegedly".

If you are specifically looking. for the $200-$300K-i sh range (when market returns back to a "rational" expectation. Don't see how you can go wrong with Ovation.

Heck, you walk out the front door, you have Seasons 52, Chops Lobster Bar (used to be NAVA--I'm sure whatever goes there is nice).

Next door to you are $3MM-$8MM St. Regis Condos/mixed use Hotel is 5-Star $500/night.

HOWEVER, if you're looking at Ovation as a rental investment. The waiting list is 5-years (not a typo)---FIVE YEARS---to become a renter. Thus, don't seem to think will have a lot of renters around you.

Forget Economy--and Apocalyptic Expectations--lets assume things return "rational" in next 3-4 years. I simply can't imagine things going down hill. Heck, Ovation was completed in 2006--Most "Move ins" were 2007. Thus places essentially less than 5-years old.

If you go to sell, you're still less than 10-years old with the newest Rodeo Drive around.

Finally, look up Buckhead Community Improvement District (CID)---THAT is a PRIVATE effort (not public)--so you name it..Who's Who of Atlanta is on the Board. Selig, Loudermilk, etc.etc.
http://www.buckheadcid.com/

"CID" will Cover from Lenox Mall down to Roxboro (Fellini's Pizza on Peachtree). ---Lot's of Green Space,etc.

I simply cannot imagine, not seeing a sweet return when Ovation is *DIRECTLY* across from the building up.

Heck, I was sitting in front of Plaza One the other day...just chilling, enjoying the Sun---saw Joggers, Bicyclists, Dog Walkers---in less than 10-mins--BEFORE "CID"

---small sample of walking distance (when I say "Walking" I mean counted in FEET not miles).
Publix
Pacess 88
Chops/Lobster Bar
Seasons 52
Whole Food Market
The Capital Grille
Cheese Cake Factory
Corner Cafe
Hermès of Paris

Here's a YELP view on what's all around you.
Did a pull of "Everything"---in "Buckhead", 1 mile or Less---5690 Results
http://tinyurl.com/Ovation-Walking-Imile-Or-Less

(of course includes everything from "Active Life to Shopping" (choose your desires after pulling up).

I also looked at Paces 325, my Realtor said HOA does not allow rentals, however just Googled, said "Rentals/For Sale" *shrug*

I simply cannot see how things can go south. (Yes, it's always possible)
However besides raw property value
It's in Atlanta Police Department Zone 2--Safest of all the zones.
you're squatted beside a $3-$8MM Mixed use Condo (the Hotel is $500 per night 5-star hotel).

On your Other side is Chees Cake--you have just about all of Buckhead Life Group--restaurnats in Walking distance. (so Pano--I'm SURE will make sure---along with Sam Massel)--things stay good.

Last but not least.The Billion Dollar Dirt mound. I personally know SunTrust Bank is EXTREMELY conservative bank--they sat out most of 2008 crash.

They're BEGGING to get in on the $1Billion Project--Finance for Interest Income.

**********************
SunTrust eyes Buckhead Atlanta
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/print-edition/2012/05/04/…

SunTrust Banks Inc. wants back in the commercial real estate lending game in a big way, including the chance to finance construction of Buckhead Atlanta, nearly three years after work stopped on the $1.5 billion project.
**********************

Again, you bet your bottom dollar, this is not EVER gonna be a "bar district" again. Too much "money" floating around. When you have MILLION Dollar Condo's,
(Heck, I've yet to see more than 3-5 St. Regis up for sale. Thus, the implication is buy and stay---so, they won't put up with nonsense.

Good Luck on Hunt!
Thanks for the feedback, especially since you live there. Question...tell me about the noice level? Does it vary by which direction you face or how high up you are?. Is there a side of the building that is preferred? Thanks
Flag Sat Feb 9, 2013