Home Buying in Irving Park>Question Details

niceapartmen…, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

(Old) Irving park market

Asked by niceapartment001, Chicago, IL Mon Jul 30, 2012

Hi everyone, I am looking for a property to buy in (Old) Irving Park. My questions are

1. What is the (peak) rental season in Irving park?

2. If I purchase a 1000 sqt 2 bedroom 1.5 bathroom with a balcony and a parking space within 10 minutes from Irving Park Blue L and metra station, will it be an easy rental? How soon will the properties be rent out from your experience? What’s the estimate rent?

3. Is Irving park considered a safe neighborhood? I see a couple crime spots from Chicago crime map. (However, I have to say it seems quite normal everywhere in Chicago.)

Answers

10
Hey there!

In terms of looking at safety, I would absolutely recommend checking out Trulia's Crime Maps:

http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Chicago-Illinois/crime/

I hope that helps, good luck!

Ali, Community Manager
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 31, 2012
1 Spring-summer
2why do you like 1.5 baths? That is somewhat uncommon and not as good as 2 full baths. It depsnds on upply-demand
3 most people do not buy in neighborhoods they are not familiar with.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 31, 2012
1. Any property will rent at anytime with a simple equation: MAXIMUM MARKETING EXPOSURE, STRATEGIC PRICING, THE RIGHT AGENT (NOT A NEWLY OR UNLICENSED LEASING AGENT), AND ACCESSIBILITY TO THE PROPERTY= RENTED!

2. If nice, high-end finishes with large floor plan and good layout.... $1400+

3. check with the local municipality.

Sohail A. Salahuddin | Broker Associate | Visionary

Innovative Property Consultants Team | Sales and Leasing

Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty

425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610 

O: 312.335.3230 | C: 312.437.7799 | F: 847.805.6030

http://www.innovativepropertyconsultants.com

"Locally Known, Globally Recognized"
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 30, 2012
Hello-

1. Rental market in Old Irving matches the rest of the rental market in Chicago - things slow down November - March and pick up in April. That said, property rents in all seasons.

2. "Easy" rental can be determined by both pricing and amenities, proximity to public trans is important but A/C, parking and W/D in unit can be just as important. Usually when rentals are priced correctly in this market they rent in 7-14 days - 2 bed, 1.1 bath units probably rent in the $1100-1300 range.

3. Irving Park is a great neighborhood with a ton of families - I encourage you to compare the crime in Old Irving to a neighborhood with which you are familar so you can judge the neighborhood on the actual type/time of crimes in the area from the statistics.

Please let me know if you would like help finding the right property to buy - I can also help you rent and manage the property if you would like. I know of a few great opportunities in that area.

Erik Sachs
RpV Realty
Email esachs@rpvinc.com
Cell 773/368-5515
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 30, 2012
Bravo!! An agent who actually answered the original poster's questions and didn't just say, pay me and then I'll tell ya! Erik, you are a gem!
Flag Fri Aug 10, 2012
It would probably be determined by the rental price, if its too high it will not rent as quick as a rental that is priced correctly. I do believe October will be the last big rental month, then will slow down until after the holidays or the spring market. April is another big rental month. Old Irving is a great area and being close to the blue line is an extra bonus.
If you have any further questions please feel free to email me or call me.
Robyn.squire@cbexchange.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 30, 2012
1. May-October is peak season

2. Yes. Price depends on upgrades/amenities. 1500 tops for a 2+1.

3. City of Chicago.org. Have a look. I'll walk the area at night with no fear. It's the city,be aware.
Hi, the peak season is in the spring but fall is just as good. If you purchased in that area and the property you are looking for you would have multiple offer situation very quick. I am very aware of that neighborhood and it is safe. Things happen everywhere. Please contact me anytime at frank@moving with frank.com

1. Peak rental season for any area is spring and fall, followed by summer than winter.

2. It depends on the condition of the property and how you price it.

3. You have to make that conclusion on your own. Crime is everywhere, but you'll have to figure out what your comfortable with. You can check out Everyblock.com or the city's clearmap website.
you are not getting these answers for free my friend..hire an agent and let the agent help you make a good investment..you do not have the slightest idea what your doing based on this post and will loose $1000's year after year left up to your own devices.. I am for hire !
FYI... you're not your and lose not loose.
Flag Fri Aug 10, 2012
Price it right, and it will rent immediately from now until at least the end of October.