hitchinpost8, Home Buyer in Palm Springs, CA

! No documents received on day 3 after closing. My realtor says that is the way it is done in Southern California...should I have a copy of the HUD 1?

Asked by hitchinpost8, Palm Springs, CA Fri Jul 18, 2014

Answers

1
Hello Hitchinpost8 from Palm Springs, CA.

"First, my disclaimer: We provide the information on this website as a public service. Sometimes the laws change. We cannot promise that this information is always up-to-date and correct.

We do not intend this information to be legal advice. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. If you need legal advice, you should contact a lawyer through your local legal aid organization or the State Bar of your dwelling. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action."

RESPA (Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act) requires the HUD-1 to be delivered 24 hours prior to closing, if requested. The three business days you are referring to applies to the lenders delivery of the GFE (Good Faith Estimate) which is required to be delivered to you three days after applying.
Also, some Real Estate Transfers have the Three Day Right of Cancellation, so everything you signed you should have a copy.

Hope this helps!

TAVATreasures, LLC
Real Estate Services
houstonrealestate@tavatreasures.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 3, 2014