Home Buying in San Carlos>Question Details

Sarah T, Home Buyer in 94085

1001 Laurel "Luxury" Condos in San Carlos - Are these a good buy or overpriced?

Asked by Sarah T, 94085 Wed Dec 29, 2010

more info at http://www.1001laurel.com

I'm considering this complex and wanted to get some expert opinions on whether or not it's a good investment / good place to live.

Answers

2
Sarah,

I have brought clients to view the complex several times, not one of them has showed interest. The comment that has came back to me almost everytime is units feel dark or cave-like. Also, the noise from the train tracks and El Camino was/could be an issue.

I agree with the post below, the overall complex was well done. It is a "secure" building and close to downtown. My suggestion is to look at other options before you make a commitment.

San Carlos is one of the more stable cities and a desirable community. As a third generation resident I can't think of a better place to live.

Cy Rinck
Alain Pinel Realtors
DRE: 01478032
crinck@apr.com
Hi Sarah,

This is a very nice complex in San Carlos that is close to downtown and the many restaurants and amenities. Because of it being in San Carlos the price is a bit higher and the sq footage is on the smaller side. The best thing to do would be to go with your Realtor to the sales office and register and take a tour of the models and see if the size will work for you. The HOA dues are very reasonable and the finishes in the units are very nice. In my opinion, I think this is a very nice complex and location.

Feel free to contact me if you have more questions or want to set up a time to go see the complex and the models.

Brandon Denman - Realtor, CDPE
DRE # 01378663
Pacific Coast Real Estate
brandondenman@comcast.net
http://www.mypeninsulahome.com
650-303-0880 cell
650-560-6142 e-fax