Home Buying in Bridgewater>Question Details

bestbuyeverf…, Home Buyer in Bridgewater, NJ

2 Joshua lane,Bridgewater. Is there anything wrong with this house/area. This house is on/off for sale over a year and zillow estimates only $585000.

Asked by bestbuyeverforall, Bridgewater, NJ Wed Dec 19, 2012

2 Joshua Lane, Bridgewater. is anything wrong with this house/ area?

Answers

6
2 Joshua Lane in Bridgewater is in a great neighborhood. The home may be a little dated but it is a nice home. I believe the problem to be the lack of back yard. Its a corner property - and the house sits on the wider side of the property so the yard is extremely shallow with the neighbors property right there giving it a lack of privacy as well. However, I believe if you are not looking for a large property to care for, this could be a good property to buy - the neighborhood is great. I would just plant evergreens close together to give me the privacy it now lacks. I hope this helps. I do believe it is off the market right now.
My advice is that, please do not ask about any specific property in the public forum like this. There are plenty agents and any of us would be happy to help.

For us agents, I would not want to comment on specific property in the public place either. The homeowner's privacy is invaded. If this were my own house, I'd feel my house is unfairly scrutinized.

Andrew Chang
SkyBridge Realty
http://www.AChangRealtor.com
2 Joshua Lane is a lovely spacious home; however, the kitchen and baths are not updated with granite counters, etc. That however can all be changed as the home has nice space. I believe the location on the lot is probably a concern as the back yard is small and right on top of the next home. It would be a nice place for someone who does not want a lot of yard to mow. The yard could be made more private by planting fast growing trees like Arborvities to seperate the yard from the neighbors and give a little privacy. You can take these negatives into consideration when making an offer.

Zillow's estimates can be deceiving sometimes so you would have to have a Realtor pull the comparables from the neighborhood. Zillow bases their estimates on other similar homes that sell in the area but they never go inside a home. So if you have been going to open houses or have been looking at homes with a Realtor, you know how different two colonials can be once you get inside.
When a home is on the market for a longer period of time, buyers start to wonder if there is something wrong with the home. Most often, the problem is the price of the home rather than the condition/area. Once the home is priced correctly, it will sell. If you need more information, give me a call.
thank you for reply. The link does not work. Is this still on sale? what is it truly worth?
Flag Wed Dec 19, 2012
This listing has expired twice. It's a nice home in a very good area of town. It may lack renovation/ updates compared to other homes in the area. Nothing wrong that I am aware of.