Sharon, Home Buyer in Sun City Center, FL

2/2 Homepath.com home for sale

Asked by Sharon, Sun City Center, FL Mon Dec 5, 2011

I noticed this duplex for sale http://www.homepath.com/search.html?zip=&openHouse=&… CITY CENTER&listingid=30587093 and while not goreous looks like something that would make a perfect winter home. I'm currently working in Afghanistan but would like to eventually retire in FL, hence, the looking now. Would it be better to wait until I get R&R to buy or should I take a chance that I can get this without actually seeing it. It looks like it has hardwood and tile (a huge plus), no appliances (that's okay because I can get what I want) but I can't tell if there's a washer/dryer hookup. What is the best way to approach this situation? Oh, and the HOA fees, what all do they cover? Finally, since it's a gated community I'm assuming that a house left unattended would be safe but is that a correct assumtion? Thank you!

Answers

6
Actually you can purchase a property in Sun City Center if you are under 55, however, you cannot live in it unless the specific HOA grants an age waiver. This particular HOA does not grant age waivers. Also, this HOA does not allow pets unless it is a service animal. This property does have a washer/dryer hookup. The HOA fees include exterior building maintenance, ground maintenance, building insurance, trash removal, water/sewer, basic cable, and the many amenities of Kings Point. I can be contacted at kathyhatfield@c21be.com.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 5, 2011
Hi Sharon
I have sold a home under homepath before. One of the Addenda that Fannie Mae will require you to sign under the first look program states that you will establish this as your primary residence and occupy the home within 60 days after closing. You must occupy the home for at least a year. If you do not occupy the home, you must pay $10,000 to the Seller in liquidated damages in addition to the Seller being able to keep the escrow payment. See below. After somewhere between 15 and 30 days Fannie Mae would open it up to investors. You would have to wait until that happens.

Fannie Mae's innovative First Look marketing period was created to promote homeownership and contribute to neighborhood stabilization — allowing homebuyers to bid and purchase foreclosed properties before they are made available to investors. Details include:
•First Look is typically the first 15 days a property is listed on HomePath.com (Nevada is 30 days).

•Only owner occupants (buyers who will occupy the home as their primary residence), some non profits, and public entities and their partners can submit offers and purchase properties.

•Properties in the First Look period have a countdown clock on the property details page, displaying the days remaining to purchase.

•Investor offers submitted after the First Look period expires will be considered along with all other offers.

As you can see this option may not be the way to go. If you need help finding a home in Sun City Center and would need an age waiver, I can help you in the process. We have many affordable homes that do not require to be sold under the Homepath program.

Mary Ann Pasquarello
Century 21 Beggins Enterprises
Sun City Center
813-390-6836
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 5, 2011
Hi Sharon,

Question: Are you 55 years old? This is a 55+ community. If you are not 55 years and older you can not purchase this home.

If you are over age 55 you may put in an offer to purchase. I would recommend if you have the financial ability to buy you do so now because a home at this price, in a great neighborhood may or may not come onto the market again for quite awhile. Also this home does not have appliances.

Please feel free to contact me at tampabayhomes@hotmail.com if you are interested in purchasing this property.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 5, 2011
I don't recommend purchasing a property "sight unseen". When you get an R & R, come here to look around. Whatever property you are viewing now, if it is gone, there will another property to take its' place. I am sure we can something suitable for you. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Trudy Province, Prudential Florida Realty
Sun City Center, Fl
813-416-5058
You can go to my homefinder website to view properties: http://www.suncityflorida.net
Sharon,
If you are familiar with the area, then the risk is probably a little lower. Do you have any family or friends you could trust to see the property for you?
Connect with a Realtor, someone who has taken the time to respond to your question and get al the details an guidance you need to buy sight unseen.
Genevieve Ramachandran
Hi Sharon,

It's a bit risky to buy sight unseen but with this crazy market, you may not have any other option if you want to buy now. Fannie Mae foreclosures allow HomePath Renovation financing so even if you buy a foreclosure without appliances or even needs a new roof and new hardwood floors and painting throughout, you can add those costs into your mortgage and only put 3% down. If you are eligible for a VA Mortgage, you cannot buy a house that has any condition issues, the VA is fairly strict. The VA doesn't offer a fixer upper mortgage, either. If you're not eligible for a VA Mortgage, we also have a downpayment assistance program that can allow you to buy a house for almost nothing down (plan on $1k deposit) but again it requires the house to be in fairly good functional condition and have certain appliances.

If you want to browse listings, you're welcome to sign up for a free listingbook account on my website and it will give more details, i.e. if it's 55 and older and if pets are allowed. Sign up here: http://www.SoldOnTampa.com

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
813.244.9898
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com